Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be in the market for a new frame after this season, and I think it'll be a DHR. Right now I'm ridng an IH SGS, which is a good ride, but not great IMO. What do you guys love about your DHR's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
04' Dhr

schwaaa31 said:
I'm gonna be in the market for a new frame after this season, and I think it'll be a DHR. Right now I'm ridng an IH SGS, which is a good ride, but not great IMO. What do you guys love about your DHR's?
Check out the classified. Rob Brown has his up for sell with team colors.I was looking at it but I will probablly weight and see what comes out at Interbike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
850 Posts
I love its quick handling, Corners awesome, easy to "pop" off the ground. Weight is decent, COG low....

Only drawback is shock options (no piggyback shocks), but PUSH might have some options down the road.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Acadian said:
the DHR Rocks...here is a little review I wrote on the bike earlier this year.
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op=articleview&id=1965
Nice. Thanks for the input. I like the idea of the Romic being a little more active as well. I just put one on my IH (had the 5th on there), and this weekend I'll get to test it out at the local race. Had one on my Bullit and loved it. I'll be looking for an 04 DHR large at the end of the season:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Avalanche!

E

oly said:
I love its quick handling, Corners awesome, easy to "pop" off the ground. Weight is decent, COG low....

Only drawback is shock options (no piggyback shocks), but PUSH might have some options down the road.....
 

·
DHR Rider
Joined
·
94 Posts
You can't go wrong with a DHR

schwaaa31 said:
I'm gonna be in the market for a new frame after this season, and I think it'll be a DHR. Right now I'm ridng an IH SGS, which is a good ride, but not great IMO. What do you guys love about your DHR's?
The DHR is a real sweet bike. I have had my 2004 for about 2 months now. Not only is it relatively light for a DH bike, but it has a real low center of gravity that lets you rail corners. Its definetly helped me to go faster and made me a more confident DH'er overall. It might not have the adjustability of other DH bikes, but the build quality is excellent and I am also impressed with how smooth the swingarm and other parts move. (take off the shock and see for yourself!) Also, Dave Turner and some of his employees read and post on these forums every so often, and I'm certain everyone appreciates the closeness that Turner has with his customers.

You can't go wrong with the DHR m8... go for it!

BTW, has anyone tried fitting a new Fox DHX on a DHR? I would imagine the external reservoir might present a problem, no'?

Cohiba
 

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Cohiba said:
BTW, has anyone tried fitting a new Fox DHX on a DHR? I would imagine the external reservoir might present a problem, no'?

Cohiba
it ain't going to work...but these guys might be able to help us DHR users out soon!! :cool:
 

·
DHR Rider
Joined
·
94 Posts
Ooooh yeah, that is sweet!!

Acadian said:
it ain't going to work...but these guys might be able to help us DHR users out soon!! :cool:
...Nice shock man. =) How do you like it? Is there a big difference in performance/feel to the Romic? U mentioned that you wanted to go up to N* and test this setup out.... how did it go?

As you can see, I'm all ears. =)

Safe ridin',

Cohiba
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top