Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Highball A frame to run SS. I have a 120mm fork and a set of Stans Flows on Hope hubs I could use on it. I've been riding a more XC geometry SS 29er with 17.9" chainstays. I'm looking at something like the Highball or a Chromag Rootdown (not SS specific) as a more playful SS. Would the Highball fall into this category? I was considering a Nimble9 but the 2014 are going to use a 27.2 seatpost and I know I want a dropper. My other question about the Highball frame is how big of a rear tire will fit on it? I like to run 2.3-2.4 range.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a Highball A frame to run SS. I have a 120mm fork and a set of Stans Flows on Hope hubs I could use on it. I've been riding a more XC geometry SS 29er with 17.9" chainstays. I'm looking at something like the Highball or a Chromag Rootdown (not SS specific) as a more playful SS. Would the Highball fall into this category? I was considering a Nimble9 but the 2014 are going to use a 27.2 seatpost and I know I want a dropper. My other question about the Highball frame is how big of a rear tire will fit on it? I like to run 2.3-2.4 range.

2.4 tire is going to be tight...really depends on how far back you have to move the dropout due to gear choice. Have tried a 2.35 Rampage on a Arch, and it was tight.

I love mine....rides like my old Chameleon did. No problem having fun on it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've become quite fond of the Hans Dampf, however I'm not sure I'd want to run it on the rear of a single speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts