Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to inject a little life in our local forum here.

What local brews are you drinking? What do you like? Are you taking advantage of curbside pick-up and/or delivery during the lock-down?

I took advantage of curbside pick-up at Tox Brewing in New London, CT. I've been drinking Fox Glove IPA, Hellbore Lager (helles style) and Mantis Table Beer (wit saisson). They do an amazing job with stouts and sours as well. They are very creative. I'm not a big sour fan, but tried their Key Lime Pie sour and it was crazy good! They used cinnamon and lactose to emulate pie crust and really nailed it.

I live in the greater Hartford area and grew up in the Northwest Corner and there is some exceptional beers being brewed up there.

Little Red Barn Brewers in Winsted, CT
Brewery Legitimus in New Hartford, CT
Norbrook Farm in Colebrook, CT
Great Falls Brewing in Canaan, CT

Got some love for RI too! Although I have yet to visit, Grey Sail Brewing is a favorite. Flying Jenny and Captain's Daughter are always high on my list.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, this was my first Bad Sons. We pass their brewery all the time on our way to New Haven. Hoping to stop in once this all passes. Apparently they have a cranberry gose named Veruca's Demise.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm in SE part of state and there's a lot of great local brews around. Many are only available on tap and I miss them dearly!
- Willimantic Brewing Co...awesome place, great food and many different beers.
- Fox Farm in Salem...never had a bad beer from them. Many places have their beers on tap but I have not seen them in stores.
- Fat Orange Cat in East Hampton...They have 4 packs in local stores
- Beer'd in Stonington...on tap and in local stores
- Alvarium in New Britain...on tap
- Epicure in Norwich...on tap
- Outer Lights in Groton...on tap and in local stores
- Of course...Two Roads in Stratford is available all over the place, and they also can Lawsons Sip of Sunshine (out of VT). One of the best and highest rated New England IPA's anywhere.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in SE part of state and there's a lot of great local brews around. Many are only available on tap and I miss them dearly!
- Willimantic Brewing Co...awesome place, great food and many different beers.
- Fox Farm in Salem...never had a bad beer from them. Many places have their beers on tap but I have not seen them in stores.
- Fat Orange Cat in East Hampton...They have 4 packs in local stores
- Beer'd in Stonington...on tap and in local stores
- Alvarium in New Britain...on tap
- Epicure in Norwich...on tap
- Outer Lights in Groton...on tap and in local stores
- Of course...Two Roads in Stratford is available all over the place, and they also can Lawsons Sip of Sunshine (out of VT). One of the best and highest rated New England IPA's anywhere.
Oh, man! Willibrew! I always forget them because to me I think "restaurant" first. Their beer is phenomenal and has been for years!

Beer'd is great and so is Alavarium.

I still have yet to get out to Fox Farm and Fat Orange Cat.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Tribus (milford) is supposed to be good, and Dockside (milford) just opened. Kent falls (Kent) is delicious but fancy and can be expensive. Housatonic river brewing company just started canning (new milford), but not sure where they distribute to yet. Charter Oak is out of Danbury now and I like their brown ale, haven't had much else.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tribus (milford) is supposed to be good, and Dockside (milford) just opened. Kent falls (Kent) is delicious but fancy and can be expensive. Housatonic river brewing company just started canning (new milford), but not sure where they distribute to yet. Charter Oak is out of Danbury now and I like their brown ale, haven't had much else.
I've had a few Tribus NE IPAs and they've been really good. I think one was a collaboration with Lock City. I've had several Kent Falls brews and love Buddy Sprinkles Saves the Day. I want to get out there to the brewery, but their hours are very limited.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had my second sour, a collaboration between Tox and Little House Brewing. I'm not a sour guy, but this was amazing!

Chips and Dip - Fruited Sour 6.5% ABV - Our friends from Little House Brewing came over to brew a beer that emulates Chips, Spicy Mango Salsa, and Margaritas. Little House supplied the chips, and Tox brought the dip, and together we made the drink. A kettle soured ale made with Tortilla Chips, Mango, Hot Peppers, Key Lime, Lime Zest, and a touch of Sea Salt. It achieves an evolving balance between all the flavors, especially as it warms.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found Fat Orange Cat, Bruno IPA and Counterweight, Crucial Mass DIPA in my local store. Both were very good hazy offerings.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I found Fat Orange Cat, Bruno IPA and Counterweight, Crucial Mass DIPA in my local store. Both were very good hazy offerings.
Nice...Counterweight Headway has been a fav of mine for awhile and I've also been diggin' the Crucial Mass when I see it. Also stumbled on Industrial Arts 'Wrench' and 'Torque Wrench' awhile back...I see them around locally and both are great.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice...Counterweight Headway has been a fav of mine for awhile and I've also been diggin' the Crucial Mass when I see it. Also stumbled on Industrial Arts 'Wrench' and 'Torque Wrench' awhile back...I see them around locally and both are great.
Not only is Headway very good, but a pint is usually around $6.00 whereas most craft beers seem to be in the $8.00+ range for 12 oz snifters!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts