Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Is the Discovery Team ethically clean, or technology savy?

• Technology not to get caught

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Ethically don't take drugs

Votes: 8 38.1%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers to the Discovery Team. They have not had any riders implicated in the latest drug scandal (far as I know). Here is my question:

Is the American team clean because of ethics?
or
Is the American team clean because they have the technology not to get caught?

Flame away it is already a horrible day for cycling.

Craig

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
mtbcraig said:
Cheers to the Discovery Team. They have not had any riders implicated in the latest drug scandal (far as I know). Here is my question:

Is the American team clean because of ethics?
or
Is the American team clean because they have the technology not to get caught?

Flame away it is already a horrible day for cycling.

Craig
Just didn't get caught. Anybody would be a fool to think they weren't/aren't doping, just used a different set of doctors. That being said, not everybody on every team dopes, the programs these guys are on are very expensive and the potential for health problems probably keep quite a few from going down that road. Honestly, if your job is to just do tempo on the front and then get water bottles are you going to risk your health and spend $60,000 dollars when your only making $100,000 a year?

·
Registered
889 Posts
It's not about technology... With this case it's about doctor. Spanish police went after one doctor, and obviously he was good enough to have big list of famous clients. If they would go after another one, there might be (or probably would be) whole different set of riders involved. They just don't have same doctor, so that's why they are not in same thing this time.
PS: Teams officially never have anything to do with this stuff. Riders have their own doctors, so teams never get dirty. It's not fair game for my taste, but that's life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.