Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well OK, it's not a condom, but it is rubber.:D I know there are lots of 66SL owners over here, as this forum is where I got most of the better setup info for my 66SL when it arrived last year.

The compression knob vulnerability is well known, and I came up with a simple but hopefully effective, cheap, ******* solution. Once I set my compression adjuster at my preferred setting, I took the knob off and put it in my Camelback. I then cut a properly sized piece of automotive fuel/oil rubber hose and hose clamped it to the nutted end of the damper cart where it extends out of the fork lower...leaving it long enough to fully cover and protect the tip of the damper where the knob attaches. That hose is very strong and substantial and should do the trick fairly well.

Attachments

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Neat idea...but I've never even come close to hitting mine. Well, until I just said that. Now I'll probably rip it off next week:madmax:

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
TNC said:
........******* solution. ...........
You've said it all right there.........

Coincidentally, the first two responses in this thread are from a ******* in GA and a ******* in TX.............:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.