Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
It's all frozen. With a high of only 27, should evaporate in the sun rather than melt. Sure we can ride if we have tires that will bite and we can function in the below freezing temps, but it's awfully brisk out there right now. Wind doesn't help.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
The fireroad at Green Mtn. was ridable. The singletrack was barely, and I mean barely, ridable, crusty, and windblown, kinda deep 6-7" in spots. That was yesterday (Sunday). It was pretty cold, too. The upside was there weren't anyother people around.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Windy

Gotta be 60 plus mpg gust. Neighbors' fenses and roofing materials, lawn chairs and all sorts of craps are flying around in the foothills. The semi-permanent CDOT sand station bunker was blown away (eek!) on 285 (east of 470). A pile of bent steel frames. Dust storms on Quincy because of that. I wonder how it didn't distroy houses on the south side! Bundle up, and use a ski goggle, and don't be blown over. I don't know, you may want to put it off till this weekend.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Have snow bikes to rent

Alpha Bicycle Company has 2 Pugsley's that they'll rent. One large, one medium.

Medium will be built up in a couple of days, large is built already.

Don't know the price to rent yet, but you can call Matt 303 220 9799.

I'm going out this week at some point on it, I'll post some ride pics. Tested it today in some deep snow patches and it blows right through the 4-5" stuff. I've heard it'll handle more but have yet to test it.

PattD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.