Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Conditions on Cathedral Pines

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  DiRt DeViL 
#1 ·
Would like to know what the trail conditions are at Cathedral Pines, NY NICA #1 will be there next week and would like to know what should we pack in terms of clothing, tires, etc.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Predicting weather this far ahead is difficult but thanks to your insight and the weather forecast will be easier to figure out what to take along.

Good to know about the food thing even thou NICA said that will be food vendors at the race; anyway doesn't hurt to take some stuff along.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Blind is an understatement, our kids haven't been on a bike for months; all they do is stationary bikes and core.

We plan on being there Saturday to ride the course.

Heard about a Nor Easter is it going to affect LI?

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Possible cancellation due to weather.

Email just received from NICA NY.

Hello Coaches,Parents & Riders

I am reaching out because we are concerned about the rain and cold foretasted for this weekend's race. We are gathering as much information as we can to make a final decision by Friday morning.

Our main concern is the safety of our riders. Our second concern is the potential for trail damage.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to recognize CLIMB, the local bike club that has done trail work for this race.

While we haven't made a final decision, it is looking like we will cancel the race. If tomorrow morning the forecast changes for lighter showers and warmer weather, we will hold the race.

We have checked local weather at every other race venue available with the idea of changing the venue, however the weather will be as bad if not worse everywhere else.

Should the race be cancelled, riders will be refunded their money or have their entry put towards another race. As we have a full line-up of FOUR more races this season, we will not reschedule.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
The race was cancelled.

Hello Coaches,
I am reaching out because we are canceling this weekend's race do to heavy rain & temps in the 40s in the forecast. After much research it looks like the rain is 100% for Sunday with showers Saturday.
Our main concern is the safety of our riders. Our second concern is the potential for trail damage.
We will refund race fees or the rider can apply the fee to the next race.
I look forward to seeing you all on April 13 at Sprain Ridge Park.
Jason Cairo
NICA New York League Director

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.