Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting up there Saturday or Sunday, if family commitments allow it.

I just want to know what the shape the trails are in, either side of the park (tho' I'd rather start by waterloo lot), and make sure there's no snow or too much mud.

Rode turkey day at Chimney Rock, and though the trails were a bit wet (lots of standing water), there wasn't any snow or ice, and it wasn't a slopfest. But somebody mentioned a bit of snow in the northern parts of the state, and I'll head to hartshorne if thats the case--don't want TOO much of a slide/sludge fest if I can help it in this cold weather. My toes can't take it any more.

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
neveride said:
I just want to know what the shape the trails are in, either side of the park (tho' I'd rather start by waterloo lot), and make sure there's no snow or too much mud.
No snow yesterday- just alot ot leaves. Lots of frozen derailleurs thanks to all the stream crossings and the 20 degree temps... lube well...

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jbogner said:
No snow yesterday- just alot ot leaves. Lots of frozen derailleurs thanks to all the stream crossings and the 20 degree temps... lube well...
Hey, thanks for the update. Frozen deraileurs I can live with--I just put it into my 32-32 most of these days anyway. I'd go singlespeed but it'd probably look funny running that big a gear in the back...

Its the frozen toes that get me....

·
Registered
54 Posts
rode it today - north side of 80 off 517 - conditions were fine. few spots that were wet and lots of leaves down. Definitely frozen front derailer land though. Easy enough to prevent. Just keep that cable moving. Use 2$ toe warmers to keep the toes warm too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.