Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Tom Church said:
Anyone? Anyone? Is it ridable or still a slop fest?
It's not a slop fest, your bikes will get dirty tho. Fong's way's been rideable for over a month, then the next highest trails like bykhed and cop are fine, mustang, etc. Always the last to renew are in the lower section of pond gut. Pond gut road is a little worse than the trails down there as it was still ice only a week ago. Also, there's the usual spots on the beginner loop @ Tymor that remain wet, but the hillside drains, well, like a hill! it's great!
Bring that Jekyll up here Mr Church!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I hiked around the lower gut trails today and they're in very good shape. The getaway trail (the one with the old foundation at one end) has a 10' puddle but is otherwise damn good. That lower region's an amazing place~ on either side of Pond Gut road there's still some ice in some of the bog's. Way off the trail in some of those milled wood piles was some snow. The road is far muddier than the trails. The usual puddles still exist but it is by no means a slop fest, at least before tonights rains. BTW, there's a new ATV bunch. If you see them, let them know they're not welcome!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe thats why where was a DEC cop there on Sunday...

I'll probably ride there tomorrow...not sure when though...depends when I come up from Westchester.

It's almost camping season!!! I love camping in that place...ride...drink...sleep (maybe)...ride some more!!!

Tom

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yes we've got some lovely ladies with guns. It's great they come out on weekends too, but I'm unsure if they patrol in the eve's when goobers are out. Dumbass I spoke to yesterday was riding his unregistered yellow Polaris utility quad with teen girl on back, both no helmets. If I know when you'll be there, I might show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts