Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I guys just wondering if the trails would be rideable for this weekend at white clay or fair hills? It is going to be a nice weekend and having cabin fever dose not help at all. I'm hoping to get out on Sunday.

Thanks

Tom

·
West Chester, PA
5,003 Posts
I'm thinking the thaw this weekend is going to make it very bad. I'm not too far north of fair hill and theres still a lot of snow on the ground in shady areas that will be melting.

I'm going to resist great temptation to ride this sunday so I don't contribute to damage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Snow was too think and crunchy to ride on Friday morning at fairhill. I tried and didnt make it more than 100 feet on the orange parking lot connector trail. Maybe trails with more foot traffic are better but I didnt make it that far. It might get better as it gets warmer but then there is possibility of mud.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
In Delaware, earlier in the week, it was icy and rough from folks walking in the snow. I really doubt it will melt this weekend despite the temps. I still have a yard full of snow and I get some sun. I think we are looking at road riding for a bit longer :sad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The possibility is slim that they'll be OK to ride, but I doubt it'll stop people from riding them, regardless of how nasty, and banged up the trails are.. The warm temperatures really brings them out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you to stay away.(Others might...may even yell at you, because they tend to act like the trails are paved with cute, fuzzy, kittens this time of year) It's just that I can't see the conditions making for a fun ride, at least until we get some additional snow thaw, and a few solid days of draining. Sunday's a possibility, but I'm not counting on it. Otherwise, it'll just be a great day for a road ride.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm thinking Sunday may be a possibility too. Supposed to have very high winds all day on Saturday to help dry things and freeze Saturday night - only down to 27 degrees. Maybe do a 2 hour ride starting at 7AM or earlier. That will get you out of there before it starts to thaw.

·
Registered
226 Posts
picassomoon said:
Any update? Lots of wind, trails better?

EDIT: Trailspinners yahoo group makes it sound like its still too much of a mess.
That is correct. Still some ice on some north facing slopes and significant muddy portions. The last of the snow just melted the last two days and all that moisture is still in the ground.

There is hope, some of the upland sections are beginning to dry.

TS

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
theMailmanismydad said:
$10 say a boat load retards destroy the trails even after reading these reports.
I would bet my house that there are retards out killing your trails after reading this or any other forum that states don't ride the trails.

This is probably the one time you will ever here me say"I'm glad I live in NJ and am able to ride in the sandy the pine barrens."

·
Registered
30 Posts
...and I'll bet money, that after all the screaming about the trails being, "killed, destroyed, etc.", by the end of April, any damage that was done, will be proven to only have been temporary, as it has been, year, after year, after year...

Still, you'd have to be a total simpleton to be out on them today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.