Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Washington will be a little frosty but ridable. Dress WARM. I was out today and was good in three layers(light, heavy, Wind).

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Ice and Snow

Sean Allan said:
Anyone know what the upper Pioneer looks like. We are thinking of starting at Five Mile House and going down to the South Yuba, up to Washington and down the Pioneer from Washington Rd. at Hwy 20. Is it ugly at the top of the Pioneer?
Thanks!
Sean, I think you will encounter plenty of snow and ice well before the turn off for the descent down to Washington. And unless it warms up, it will be COLD. It was 25F this AM in Grass Valley (some 2000' below that turnoff).

Are you thinking of riding the BBBS ride loop?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I went on the lower Pioneer up to the turn off for conservation camp and no snow or mud at all. I heard the snow starts around skillman so you should be fine. Maybe a little at the top when you turn off from Washington:thumbsup: have fun.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys!

Didn't make it up there today, but if the weather holds out this week I will go for sure. John, yes BBBS ride, but in the opposite direction.

Rode Western States above Foresthill today and it was incredible, not a soul out there and near perfect trail conditions, serious good time and absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
El Dorado Canyon?

Sean Allan said:
Rode Western States above Foresthill today and it was incredible, not a soul out there and near perfect trail conditions, serious good time and absolutely beautiful!
Hey Sean....check your PM's .....info request...

steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.