Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advocacy Festivals or Fests, a simple idea. Stewards of trails are always looking for more help in trail builds. Clubs are always looking at expanding networks which can lead to sharing resources in efforts. Riders are always looking for a good time.

What makes race promoters and events successful is not so much the race or event, it's the excuse to go out and be social, and to see riders they might not be able to typically ride with or they look forward to seeing riders they met at prior events.

Having successfully organized and completed one event i can tell you the positive effects have been quite evident both with how we are currently engaged at Kettle Crest and the forest service, but just as important how it has nurtured a positive fun outlook on trail building and stewardship within individuals.

One of the reasons to post this is to promote the events and hopeful many people here that peruse this forum in particular can make the worthwhile trek up here for one or both event.

But more importantly another reason is to create a discussion on the concept and help promote the idea for riders in other areas abroad to consider creating their own event, or talk about similar events they hold.

Link to a page of info for Fests.

·
Registered
36 Posts
that is awesome. i'd like to host a similar deal here in Texas. DFW, Houston, San Antonio, and us (Austin) all have very active clubs. it'd be great to have a weekend with work, riding, slideshows/videos and show off what we've all accomplished and share ideas. we'd invite every land manager in the area. great idea. thanks for giving me another project.....:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.