Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendations on a cycling computer to use with a Lefty. I have tried a couple now but am not having much luck. Seems the gap between the spoke and the fork is an issue?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
133 Posts
ill try to be polite as i know many people will scream at you for not searching. im the same way, though. i'd rather piss of someone i dont know than spend time searching.

i've got a cateye astrale 8 for my F800 and that works perfectly. its rear mounted with speed and cadence which is nice too. some people make a bracket for the lefty stanchion that you mount to get the "scanner"(for lack of a better term) closer to the magnet. i find it easier to just forget about the lefty issue altogether and get a computer that reads from the rear wheel

·
Super Moderator
3,266 Posts
Also, use one of those 4 threads for questions answers...Extra threads like these are going to get deleted...I was thinking we dont need extraneous threads that would clutter up a search result...Heck four threads is confusing, and those are the four I picked ...
CDT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hollerbachMTB said:
ill try to be polite as i know many people will scream at you for not searching. im the same way, though. i'd rather piss of someone i dont know than spend time searching.

i've got a cateye astrale 8 for my F800 and that works perfectly. its rear mounted with speed and cadence which is nice too. some people make a bracket for the lefty stanchion that you mount to get the "scanner"(for lack of a better term) closer to the magnet. i find it easier to just forget about the lefty issue altogether and get a computer that reads from the rear wheel
I belong to several mailing lists and am very adament about trying to research sites without taking up further bandwidth to ask people the same questions that have already been asked. Your politness is appreciated but hopefully assumtions are not thrown at all who may repost a similar item because they may have overlooked something in their search results.

I'll be sure to look at the computers that have been mentioned here. Especially the Astrale 8 that you rmetioned. Going to the rear wheel seems to rule out many possible problems.

Thanks for everyones responce and my apologies for the repost.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am using the Cateye Micro Wireless computer on my Rush. I am using a Mavic magnetic unit that came with my Crossmax wheels modified slightly so that I could mount it to one of the legs on the Shimano brake rotor. The sending unit (without mount) is simply mounted with one tiestrap to leg of fork, but I did use a few layers of the 3M gray double-sided tape to make a sticky cushion between unit and fork leg. Its been on for about 300 miles without any problems and I also wash my bike frequently without problems.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That Madduck website is awful for trying to find things :mad:
I gave up :madman: .

Actually , Cannondale is selling their own Lefty computer mount .
I bought one from my C'Dale shop .
At one point it was on their website but I haven't seen it there lately :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.