Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
partsman
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a I-Mac and about 4 months ago my download speed went to crap. i am on a DSL line with AT&T. i tried to load a 19 second video to Facebook and it took 7hrs for it to load. i talked to AT&T and they said my download speed was up to 1.5 Mbps and upload speed was 128 Kbps. did the speed test and what it showed was between 0.72 &1.25 on the download & 0.20 & 0.50 on the upload. AT&T says that is within the range for what we pay for. wanted to get a better plan but because were we live we can't get a faster service. anybody have any ideas that could help. comcast does nor service where we live.we live in a apartment and can not put anything on the roof:confused:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Try a 4G cellular hotspot? You might some gain some speed, but at the expense of a data limit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm in the same boat with AT&T. I'm about 75 feet too far away from their hub to get anything but basic service and 3mbps max download speed. No 1080i streaming for me. Satellite or broadband internet is expensive, and you'll have to keep track of data usage.

So far the best alternative I've found is cable DSL from Time-Warner.

But it's suspicious that your speed suddenly dropped if you had no problems before. Have you tried power resetting your modem and router? That can clear network issues. Also make sure none of your neighbors have hacked into your wi-fi:)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test - try this to see if you get different results then the rep. Might be there is some issue but they dont see it? I had similar problems where my internet would die constantly and the speed was terrible - after many phonecalls and complains it got resolved by the company switching something on their side at our local hub, and the speed went up significantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts