Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my drivers license :madman: so now i've got a fairly long ride to the trails.. anyone got any suggestions for tires that fly along the tarmac though will also hold you up in rough, loose, dry, rocky, dusty, sandy trails? looking for 2.25"+... Minions suck on the road :madman:
cheers

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Racing Ralphs? 2.25 with snakeskin? Or Nobby Nic 2.25 with snakeskin. Or Albert 2.25. These all roll pretty well and wear even better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although i am yet to ride the Schwalbe tires, i do like the look of the treads on them.. plus the low weight. The new ones with the snakeskin look promising... though expensive. I guess you get what you pay for..

Cheers Mr.P i haven't looked at either of those two, they both generally make good tires, so i guess they're worth a look..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
posted by doug4sail
For your compromise look at the Smart sam by Schwalbe. Looks like it will get you to the trail and not wear out in the process. Check the price and weight on the wire bead version.

http://schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/...rt_sam_details
yeah, i came across those tires when checking the Schwalbe website.. they seem like the best compromise out of the Schwalbe ones mentioned earlier..
cheers:thumbsup:

·
I Love my Rize
830 Posts
Agree with P

IRCTrailbears 2.25 They will LAST on the road and be awesome off the road. I can't say enough about them for all around use. Very tough tire and very long wearing on or off the road. :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.