Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh, I love it when people look at your bike and give you complimens on it! Its got to be one of the best feelings in the world!
We all like to flaunt our bikes in peoples faces so why not post teh comments you have recieved here!
I gotten plenty of "nice bike!' compliments but some go above and beyond.
I parked my bike once next to our local cafe type place, and I see these two other people look at my bike and than they were talking to each other about it. It goes like this.
Holy cow! Look at that kids bike. I wonder if he mountain bikes. Hes one lucky kid.
And then on the same day, I was just leaving and another guy walks out and says
"Hey kid, how fast have yoou gotten on that bike of yours?"
"About 23mph on flat" I say
"Even faster offroad! ;)"
And i only have a Hardrock!

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,983 Posts
Guess I'm just a suspicious character; I get a little edgy when people I don't know comment on my bike. Co-workers have occasionally said things like, "That's a nice bike -- got some money in that, don't you?"

My mental alarms start to go off when someone I don't know looks my bike over and says something positive. It's never amounted to anything, but I've seen too many bikes vanish SOON after something is said.

But compliments are still better than the sarcasm of someone watching me secure the bike somewhere and say, "Ain't nobody gonna steal your bike!" The person that says that is ALWAYS the first to take it!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had some nice compliments on my bike, and as for my riding ability, it has been said that I crash very softly for a big guy. Does that count?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I got a couple on my steely road bike from some girls. one says"steel is real as she dropped my on a climb!" Another just wanted to touch it. that was encouraging! My nephew was totally gone on the bike, he just got into "pre '86" steel italian road bikes.
Most like my 8 inch rotors on my mt. bike. so do I on the downhills!
I like to give out compliments when I see a bike that I like. I can't help myself.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
bigpedaler said:
My mental alarms start to go off when someone I don't know looks my bike over and says something positive. It's never amounted to anything, but I've seen too many bikes vanish SOON after something is said.
I 'm the same way that's why my commuter is almost all black,and my trail bike is ether hanging up at home or under me! I'd never lock it up somewhere..... and we have a really low crime rate in my town!

CharacterZero said:
Yeah, unfortunately more compliments on the bike than my riding.
LOL!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my first compliment for my bike before I even owned it. It was being wheeled into the back for a Pre-Delivery Inspection and on the way there, the mechanic passed two kids who I heard say "Now thats a sweet bike!". Made me smile. Now if only those compliments would transfer to my riding skills.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Whenever I bring out the ss rigid I always get the "damn...that is hardcore" or "rocking the old school rig" or something of that nature. Funny that a $500 bike can get more attention than a $5k+ ellsworth...although I am not sure if they like the bike or for some reason can't believe someone is out there riding some of those trails with zero suspension.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I give more compliments than i receive but i still get some. A lot were from co-workers and such cuz they didnt realize i rode mountain bikes. They ask how much it was and i say "around 800" and they are like "WHAT??", i then say "...thats CHEAP! LOL"

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Yup! it's a very blingy bike though.

Once Richard Cunningham of Mountain Bike Action magazine said "nice bike!" at a local trail. I thought I recognized the guy but it took me a while to remember where from.
Not very often that I agree with him but he nailed that review:thumbsup:

·
Registered
349 Posts
You know it's funny you mention this. I have a brand new TallBoy I've been commuting on to work for the last couple of days. Also have a new pair of Magic Shines. Lots a lumens between the two so of course they are nice, but no where near as nice as the bike, but do people comment on the bike? No way, all they can talk about is how bright the darn $80 lights are. Not how frigin sweet the $5k bike is.

·
{Believeland}
277 Posts
I give compliments all the time, even if the bike isn't that great i just like to see the rider smile with pride:D If i'm lucky, i sometimes get a compliment back. It makes my ride that much better:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.