Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Completion of a new trail...and more

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  thefriar 
#1 ·
Hey guys...I have posted here before about a new system of trails my wife and I are part of building. I have a short write up of it on my blog....

we will be starting the 2nd phase of construction this fall. Including another mile and a half or so of new trails and features. Check it out. Hit the "fun" in catagories and ten the
Ralph C. Ewell memorial Greenway post.

The Glass Is Half Full

#3 ·
Don't know if he's doing same, but we use a saw to cut a 1-4'' notch (depends on log size), space the cuts 3-4'' apart, then use an axe, adze, rogue hoe, or wedge and hammer to pop out the sections of wood between the notches. ---!---!---!---! where the dash is the top of the log, and the exclamation is the cut/notch.

#4 ·
ding ding ding...we have a winner. I made a 4 inch deep cut about every 4 or 5 inches, and then started to chop them out with an axe. The hard part was getting them into position with a jack and a come-along, with ropes everywhere. The short side to the drop off on the stump I did alone...with a rope around my waist and a come along and a jack all at once. Looked like a fool but it worked.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.