Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if you're not a roadie, our could care less about the Tour, I highly recommend you catch tomorrow's stage. My prediction is that it will be the most entertaining stage of any Tour.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
It should be fun. You knew that Lance was going to try for either the 16th or 17th stage when he took himself out of contention in the 15th stage.

I have actually ridden the Tourmalet and it is a brutal climb. In reality, from the direction they are coming from, it is almost 40kms of straight up climbing.

Schleck will try to punish Contador but I think it will be Contador's day.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vespasianus said:
It should be fun. You knew that Lance was going to try for either the 16th or 17th stage when he took himself out of contention in the 15th stage.

I have actually ridden the Tourmalet and it is a brutal climb. In reality, from the direction they are coming from, it is almost 40kms of straight up climbing.

Schleck will try to punish Contador but I think it will be Contador's day.
If Monday didn't happen, I would probably agree with you. But something tells me Andy is going to pull something out of his bag, and be in Yellow again after tomorrow. Which should make Saturday (and possibly even Sunday) special.

I don't think Lance has a shot at winning a stage this year.

·
Everyone Bleeds!
315 Posts
I think that Andy will make it hard for anyone wanting to keep up with him tomorrow! He's pissed and has every right to be!:nono:

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie!
325 Posts
If this Tour has done anything, its confirmed that roadies are a pack of whinging, whining sooks.

Jens Voigt excepted.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZnewbie said:
Ya. What is the deal with people being made a guy tried to win when his rival had a bike problem? What am I missing?
All I'm saying is watch tomorrow.

Apparently there is a certain protocol when it comes to mechanicals and the yellow jersey. In this specific instance, I'm a bit indifferent. On one hand, I think it was a bit underminded by Contodor (who, I will admit, I'm not a big fan of), but on the other, he actually began his counter attack before Andy dropped the chain, and it was the last climb of the stage.

Yea, I admit, watching a bunch of skinny runts ride their bikes is hella boring, but the whole strategy thing is kind of interesting. Plus, I could listen to Paul and Phil read the dictionary.

·
suvlako
536 Posts
I heard Jason Ellis(Sirius radio) refer to it as the "Tour De Who gives a ****"and I couldn't agree more. To add to the who gives a shittedness, here's a video of the primadonna Lance Armstrong perpetuating the stereotype. Enjoy...

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie!
325 Posts
I didnt see anyone wait up for Cadel when he broke his elbow.

Its a bike race, not a bunch social ride. IMHO, bike mechanicals are all part of the race.

Mind you, I wouldnt want to have been Andys mechanic that day.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
suvlako said:
I heard Jason Ellis(Sirius radio) refer to it as the "Tour De Who gives a ****"and I couldn't agree more. [/url]
That's because Lance, nor any of the Americans, are in contention.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
There is an unspoken rule in the Tour that you don't attack the Yellow Jersey if there is a problem (mechanical, crash, etc).

·
livin' the dream......
1,957 Posts
This is the first time I have really paid attention to the Tour, and have been watching it just about everyday. The strategy in interesting and the scenery is fantastic. I started road riding last winter and am pretty hooked...........not sure how that happened, but I really enjoy getting on the road bike!

Tomorrow will be good as skinnytire pointed out!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The first time that I turned on the tour this year I LOLed due to the fact they had to x-ray bikes to check for motors in the down tube... It still makes me laugh

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've had a lot of fun watching this year. The mountain stages are especially fun to watch. The amount of gas these guys have in their tanks is truly amazing.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
chongoman said:
I've had a lot of fun watching this year. The mountain stages are especially fun to watch. The amount of gas these guys have in their tanks is truly amazing.
The other day I heard they were doing like 450 watts. So last night on the Nautilus. I ran up to the max level (20) at a cadence of 85. Only managed 350 watts for a minute or so.

·
Registered
151 Posts
KavuRider said:
There is an unspoken rule in the Tour that you don't attack the Yellow Jersey if there is a problem (mechanical, crash, etc).
How is this possible? Does the yellow jersey wait for 2nd and 3rd place if they crash into eachother?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts