Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen up everyone: I need all of your help. I posted a bike for sale on a local classifieds. I was prank texted by who I assume was an obnoxious kid. The person said some vile things to me. If I respond back angry they will win.

What they wouldn't want is to be flooded with texts. Please help me by bombing their phone with texts, the raunchier the better-I won't repeat what they said but it was gross.

I can tell it was not generic spam but a prankster. We need to teach this punk a lesson.

Please bomb this number as much as possible for the next week: 801-209-6326

And please feel free to pass it on.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Listen up everyone: I need all of your help. I posted a bike for sale on a local classifieds. I was prank texted by who I assume was an obnoxious kid. The person said some vile things to me. If I respond back angry they will win.

What they wouldn't want is to be flooded with texts. Please help me by bombing their phone with texts, the raunchier the better-I won't repeat what they said but it was gross.

I can tell it was not generic spam but a prankster. We need to teach this punk a lesson.

There is no way in H#LL I am sending a text to anybody like that and giving them MY number in the process.

·
since 4/10/2009
35,273 Posts
There is no way in H#LL I am sending a text to anybody like that and giving them MY number in the process.
+1

my wife received some nasty texts and phone calls awhile back. if there's just one, ignore it. if it repeats, then call the police. a local police officer came to our house, looked at the phone logs, and even answered the phone once while he was there (when the idiot called) and told them that if they called back, they were going to be in some trouble with the law because they made some threats (even to him). he then called the number on HIS phone and repeated himself. that was priceless. never another problem with that phone number.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cell phone providers have ways for you to block calls and texts from specific numbers. Who's your carrier?

There are also ways to send anonymous texts if you're so inclined... Just google it.

Personally, I'd just block the number and walk away from the stupidity. I was always taught it's best to eliminate the crazy makers from your life because responding only fuels the flame.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Cell phone providers have ways for you to block calls and texts from specific numbers. Who's your carrier?

There are also ways to send anonymous texts if you're so inclined... Just google it.

Personally, I'd just block the number and walk away from the stupidity. I was always taught it's best to eliminate the crazy makers from your life because responding only fuels the flame.
^^this. It's just so easy, takes so little time, and is so ultimately effective.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I responded angrily, then it fuels it. If I ignore it, he goes down the line looking for someone else's reaction. But if hundreds of people (facebook has been quite helpful) bomb his phone with dumb and gross stuff, that backfires on him.

Completely agree, no threatening. Just be annoying

I sent him a reply saying if he apologizes, it will stop.

If you set up a google phone number then he won't get your own. You can also use this PhpSmsScript - Over 170 carriers to text message to. his phone subscriber is Cingular or AT&T

·
Registered
2 Posts

He already won!!!! Cant you see!!!
You should have just let him do what he wanted to pay you for the bike!

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
Pretend it never happened. In the future, set up an anonymous email account for use with internet purchasing and ads and stuff. Don't list a phone number.
Your desire to get revenge over this trivial incident is creating too much bad chemistry inside you. Drop it. And you want others to get involved with your bitter plan? Ridiculous!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you know your dealing with a punk kid anyways? You never know you might be dealing with a sick psychotic social-path with a barbaric frame of mind, that is hell bent. You might think your the spider and he's the fly, but in reality your the fly and he's the spider, and is pulling you into his web.
Oh yeah didn't you guys hear of the serial bike killer? LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.