Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet with all the parts it takes to build a bike? I have about $3000 and want to build it to suit me, no turnkey. I can make the list but I want it to be complete. Thanks

T

·
Registered
10 Posts
building a bike is easy.
frame, fork, stem, bars, seat, seatpost, crankset, wheelset, cassette, grips, shifters, rear derailleur, front derailleur, tires, tubes, brakes, pedals, headset, chain, and any accessories you want. (computer, bottle holder, ect.)

just make sure your wheels come with skewers, and headset with the correct amount of speacers.
-TD

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
TwistedDreams said:
building a bike is easy.
frame, fork, stem, bars, seat, seatpost, crankset, wheelset, cassette, grips, shifters, rear derailleur, front derailleur, tires, tubes, brakes, pedals, headset, chain, and any accessories you want. (computer, bottle holder, ect.)

just make sure your wheels come with skewers, and headset with the correct amount of speacers.
-TD
and your crank with a bottom bracket, and something with shift cables and housings (sram include cables but not housings IIRC. You'll also need to either get ferrules or make sure they are included with the housings), wheels with rim strips if required, brakes... some come complete (most hydros, shimano being a notable exception), some don't (all cable-operated brakes that I know of are sold as a pair of levers and two individual calipers).

that's assuming you have the necessary tools too.

·
Cyclist of Borg
234 Posts
i made one for my bike. it lists all parts [model number,sizes, lenghts, etc] i started it when i first strated doing my own work and upgrades so i did not buy wrong parts. now i keep it just fro fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.