Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Complete MD Mojo in mtbr classifieds

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  derby 
Tape

derby said:
There is just a chip or two from chain slap in the first few rides before I protected it. I've protected it with padding for chain slap and two layers of tape under the downtube and I have not wrecked yet on the Mojo (partly because it handles so good and I'm mostly riding familiar trails near home).

The warrantee probably doesn't apply past the original owner, but I imagine the very low cost crash replacement pricing would apply to any owner with exchange of the broken frame pieces.

BTW, this bike is drawing constant attention from other riders now, seems like everyone recognizes it as I ride by and if I'm stopped for any time someone always asks about it. Fortunately I like chatting it up and have nothing bad to say about it, quite the opposite.

My previous ride the Intense Tracer for 5 years was not easy to replace. I test rode nearly every new and older design that came out during that time and was tempted to go to longer travel VPP, but I just wasn't willing to accept even slightly less suspension quality as the Tracer version of Horst link, especially having ridden the dw-Link when first introduced. The Wolf Ridge Whyte design was also tempting, but it was noticeably heavier and some riders complained of flex. The 575 and Moto-Lite are also great rides and light. The Mojo was the first with the clearly superior dw-Link light weight and handling balance done right. I met Tom and his wife at Sea Otter last year and questioned their commitment to the investment in Ibis. I wanted to be sure Ibis would live more than a year or two before being sold to some secondary market. And they seemed genuinely interested in taking the Ibis investment long. And the Mojo looked even better in person than in pictures. So I know it was the bike that could replace the half pound heavier Tracer without any compromise. The only consideration was to wait until now to see what Iron Horse would do with the MKiii and the rumored 6Point. Now having seen that the Mkiii and 6Point production bikes came in heavier than promised (the production 6Point with air shock is 2.5 pounds heavier than the Mojo), and priced about the same as the Mojo with the same build levels. I have absolutely no regrets.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What brand of tape did you end up using? How many mm thick is it?

derby said:
C&D'sDad must need the money for C and D. Hope everything works out for him.

I doubt if he want's to sell it. If going for another bike he'd keep those great components and wheels and sell the frame only. The price seems low. It should sell fast.

Good luck C&D'sDad...
Good price, but with a non transferable warranty. How is your bike holding up as far as nicks and scratches? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new frame. I like the new foam colored one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.