Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how is it going? Looking for a little input from anyone who might want to share.
I have been looking to get into a 29er this summer and I currently have an Avalanche Expert with some upgrades. I came across a deal I could not pass on a 29er with a missing fork. So I am going to strip my components and put them on the 29er, except for the fork and wheels obviously. And then sell my frame, fork and wheels to buy a 29er fork (no need ofr two bike in my situation). The 29er has all X.5 and bb7s I believe.
So,,,my question is do I just sell all my lightly used parts and new X.5 stuff separately or do I put the components off the 29er on my Avalanche and sell as a complete bike?? The complete bike would be a 1 yr old frame and wheel set, WTB speed disc. Then fork is a 4 month old 2010 Recon Race and then the X.5 with avid mech brakes. The whole bike would be easier but I also know someone looking for the Avalanche expert or Recon fork might pass on the X.5 stuff.
Any input or offers ;) would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
I guess that the components would retain some value from the fact that they are part of a complete bike.Eventually you might lose a bit at profit but you will save precious time.If I where you,I would do some research for local prospective buyer's preferences.JMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts