Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Salt Lake City, UT
1,455 Posts
Yep we have them, in two compounds.

We do struggle to keep them in stock, but our Gold Label compound is available and we will have more of the Red Label RL141 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep we have them, in two compounds.

We do struggle to keep them in stock, but our Gold Label compound is available and we will have more of the Red Label RL141 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but ouch. More than double the cost of the oem Shimano pads.

·
Salt Lake City, UT
1,455 Posts
Wow tough crowd.

@brex17 - I get it, but it doesn't work like that for our product (comparing our pricing to pricing for brake pads at Auto Zone for your truck, for example). I won't get too far into it, but the scale of each is not even in the same zip code; our product is made in MUCH smaller quantities, and our cost per pair reflects that. Those automotive brake pads are made in tens of thousands at a time, in one single run. Our compounds are different, and so on.

Our MSRP is right in line with most OEs and more than that, it is dictated by our pricing from the very bottom, to the top.

And to @vin839's point, we aren't trying match OEM product in any way (although our pricing is right in line with most OE offerings - not sure what you're seeing at half our cost) - we are going after performance, to get a better performing brake pad that is quieter, strong & progressive, and more durable.

All good - there are many options out there - our target customer is the brake-obsessive performance enthusiast.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I get my generic unbranded pads in various compounds (usually sintered or ceramic) from ebay. Ime I can't tell any difference whatsoever in bite, noise or wear in comparison with genuine or 'performance pads' from highly regarded oem brands. 🤷‍♂️

Just curious, besides the extra small quantity production cost what is so different about those type of pads that 'core performance enthusiasts' pay more for? 🤔

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow tough crowd.

@brex17 - I get it, but it doesn't work like that for our product (comparing our pricing to pricing for brake pads at Auto Zone for your truck, for example). I won't get too far into it, but the scale of each is not even in the same zip code; our product is made in MUCH smaller quantities, and our cost per pair reflects that. Those automotive brake pads are made in tens of thousands at a time, in one single run. Our compounds are different, and so on.

Our MSRP is right in line with most OEs and more than that, it is dictated by our pricing from the very bottom, to the top.

And to @vin839's point, we aren't trying match OEM product in any way (although our pricing is right in line with most OE offerings - not sure what you're seeing at half our cost) - we are going after performance, to get a better performing brake pad that is quieter, strong & progressive, and more durable.

All good - there are many options out there - our target customer is the brake-obsessive performance enthusiast.
As far as brake obsessive performance here are pads for a full XC race bike and not a gravity bike. I just need something to stop the bike. MSRP of the Shimano K03s is on $12. So yea even more than double. I did find a set of Galfer for $17. I really hope the $35 for these tiny pads are price gouging because of supply.

·
MTBR Member since 2001...
331 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,136 Posts
I recently ordered a 4-pack of Truckerco pads for $26.99 (and free shipping) as well. That's $6.75/pair.
I tried MTX's red pads for about a year -- wore a set out. They're excellent pads. Excellent pads.
Meanwhile I'd been using Truckerco pads for years without complaint. I tried the MTX red pads because their rep on these forums was nice enough to offer a deep discount and claimed MTX pads were far better.
They're not far better in my experience. That said, MTX's pads are excellent. I think I've said this three times now. Excellent. But are they better than Truckerco pads?
For the record, Truckerco pads are excellent, too. As for the price difference, I'll be using Truckerco pads from now on.
Thanks again for the intro deal, MTX. I appreciate the chance to compare your pads to others and I've made my decision.
=sParty

·
Salt Lake City, UT
1,455 Posts
I'll close with this - I honestly just chimed in here because @Vin829 needed brake pads and could not find them, so I was trying to help.

There are a few threads here solely about our brake pads, and plenty of independent reviews on YouTube as well.

Sorry to upset anyone here - we have a great product, sold primarily to dealers all over the US and Canada, and most major online retailers. We will always keep the consumer-direct channel open and I'll try to be available here when time permits.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wore out my K03tis last winter and was struggling to find replacements due to Shimano’s supply issues. Went with a set of EBC blue pads and I absolutely hate them! Noisy, poor power and they seem to rub after prolonged braking which the Shimano OE pads don’t do. Luckily I found a few sets of K03tis from a shop the other week so I could get rid of those POS EBC offerings. It was surprising they were so bad as I have been running them on my Codes before without issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.