Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have SLX hydraulics, a Transition Revolution 20mm hub and a Reba fork and I was wandering if I can upgrade my rotors to some Maguras Venti discs?
I was also wondering if the 203´s would work best for me considering my riding weight is 200 pounds (more or less)?
Thanx in advance…

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
I thought about those venti discs. they look cool but they are a bit heavy, and I question how much the fan action would actually accelerate cooling.
Anyway, they would probably work. You could get some dimensions on them from Magura to be sure. You need to worry about thickness, and clearance of the pads to the connection points where the rotor part connects to the center part.
As for your 200 lbs, that doesn't mean much. If you are riding through corn fields in Iowa, 140's would be fine. In fact 140's worked ok for me on some pretty steep stuff in Colorado with my strokers and I weigh 195. But I'm upgrading to 180 front 160 back.
Some people love big rotors. the downsides to them are weight and they are more likely to rub if they get a little warped, but they brake better and dissipate heat better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts