Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an amazing deal on a Fuji Tahoe 29er on eBay so I bought it and threw it on Craigslist to try and make a profit. This is a response I got.

" Just to give u an idea of what u r up against ----------- I was at Wal-Mart yesterday on Archer Rd. --- & they have a (many actually) Mongoose 29er for $219. It has an alum./alloy frame, rims, hubs, crank, stem, h/brs, & dual disc brakes. The only corners that were cut that I could see, was grip shifters & steel spokes. Good luck!"

Should I even try to explain to this guy the difference or leave him alone?

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
So I got an amazing deal on a Fuji Tahoe 29er on eBay so I bought it and threw it on Craigslist to try and make a profit. This is a response I got.

" Just to give u an idea of what u r up against ----------- I was at Wal-Mart yesterday on Archer Rd. --- & they have a (many actually) Mongoose 29er for $219. It has an alum./alloy frame, rims, hubs, crank, stem, h/brs, & dual disc brakes. The only corners that were cut that I could see, was grip shifters & steel spokes. Good luck!"

Should I even try to explain to this guy the difference or leave him alone?

Gently educate him, he is a potential buyer.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
But I doubt he is willing to spend over 300 on a bike based on his post.

Okay. Gently educate him because it's the right thing to do. That or move on to whatever it is that you have to do that is more important.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I would not bother replying to the message.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
You can try explaining til you're blue in the face why that Fugi is a better value then a Walgoose but he still isn't going to buy it so why bother...wait for another potential buyer to come along.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I was picking up a horn for my 5 year old's bike old yesterday and saw this Mongoose. Making sure no one was looking, I poked around at it to check out the specs (Performance Bike spec's some decent Mongooses, and Target has had OK deals in the past comparable to entry BD, etc, bikes).

It actually says on the fork "no rough riding". It's on the back of the fork in small print.

·
SRAM...Shimano who cares?
98 Posts
Sounds like this guy knows just enough to be dangerous........I'd move on to the next guy in my inbox.

~JRA

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
Ask him if he knows Kevin Bicycle.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Live 2 Ride
6,048 Posts
I'm wondering how long it will be before we see GT and Cannondale offered at Walmart as they are owned by the same company as Mongoose and Schwinn.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You are dealing with an as-of-yet unrecognized devolving branch of the human race.

People of Walmart - Music Video - YouTube

Avoid all contact, even via the interweb.
That made my morning...Sad thing is I probably see half of those people in my own walmart. :madman:

I'm wondering how long it will be before we see GT and Cannondale offered at Walmart as they are owned by the same company as Mongoose and Schwinn.
Not sure if you will. Mongoose is having a hard time pulling away from that reputation.

-Brett

·
Live 2 Ride
6,048 Posts
If they wanted to pull away from that rep they would quit selling bikes to Walmart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts