Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have ordered the Cube LTD SL 29 2012, and I am looking for tires and clip on fenders for the bike.*

The problem is that I don't know whether the fork and the frame of the bike have enough clearance to mount i.e. a big apple tire
and secondly if any of the mudguards I have found can cover the tire and provide adequate protection.

I have found these tires
Schwalbe Big Apple Liteskin Tyre - Kevlar Guard at 2.00 or 2.35 width
Schwalbe Big Apple Liteskin Tyre - Kevlar Guard | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

and Marathon Plus Reflex at 32mm width
http://www.probikekit.com/eu/tyres-...albe-marathon-plus-reflex-road-tyre-32mm.html

and also these mudguards
SKS Race Blade XL | Evans Cycles

Wiggle | Zefal Sheild Snap-On Mudguard Mudguards

ZEFAL > mudguards > Sets > SHIELD
I have chosen these fenders because I think that the bike doesn't have eyelets and also doesn't have place for the screwed mudguards

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me :)

* the bike specs can be found here
Cube LTD 29 SL 2012
fork: Fox Evolution 32 Float 29 RL, 100mm, Lockout
wheelset: Sun Ringlé Radium wheelset, 32 spokes, QR
tires: Schwalbe Rapid Rob Performance 29x2.25
rims: Schwalbe MTB SV19 29

Other Info that might be needed
I am going to commute for 20 to 30 kilometers per day. The surface will be 90% road with some potholes and 10% pavement.

At the following link, hovering over the picture you can have a pretty nice zoom of the bike. I think I saw the rear eyelets you are talking about, but I can't see any front eyelets also
CUBE LTD SL 29

Also here are some pictures of the SL and two other models pro and acid which have the same frame but different forks
SL (the one I have ordered)
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-sl_d-9.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-sl_d-8.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-sl_d-7.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-sl_d-4.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-sl_d-2.jpg

pro
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-pro_d-6.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-ltd-pro_d-4.jpg

acid
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-acid_d-6.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-acid_d-5.jpg
www.cube.eu/uploads/pics/29-acid_d-4.jpg

It seems that at the rear I could mount a stable mudguard. At the front I am not sure (I guess it has to do with the fox fork). You can also see the clearance for the tire at these pictures.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.