Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With gas over $4/gallon, I've decided to up my commuting to 3 or more days a week. At first it was painful and I was always tired. But now that I've acclimated to our heat (highs over 100 every day, 110s last week!) and am getting enough rest, it's finally become part of the daily routine. I am lucky enough to be able to ride trails for part of my 10-mile commute to work. What a great way to start and end the day! On yesterday's commute I attached the camera to my backpack chest strap and snapped some photos along the way. Some lucky self-timer shots, some one-handed self portraits, and a co-worker got me into the picture sequence. I already posted this over on my home state board, but thought it might deserve a home in Passion.

Kathleen :)

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
I don't think you're the kind of person who needs a pat on the back to feel good about her choices, but you're getting one anyway!!

:)

Nice presentation. I love the clothes-drying-in-the-sun shot. And that looks like a fairly enjoyable route.

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
DurtGurl said:
But now that I've acclimated to our heat (highs over 100 every day, 110s last week!)
Whew, that is HOT! The dry hot too, which is what I prefer now, but I grew up in the humid hot.

Great photo presentation, and that is great you can mix up a little dirt in the commute :thumbsup:

ps- you gotta come up north and ride in the mountains with us!!

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
Cool! Looks like a sweet commute. I’ve been commuting to work for a few years now and I find, along with starting the day off right, it also helps to improve your weekend outings ;-)

Your commute looks way better than mine though. Great trails.

Nice post and I love the Salsa too!

Ska!

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
I wish I could hit the dirt a little on my commute. When the weather is nice I have about 3 miles on pavement, fairly flat except for one bad hill (bad in the afternoon, good in the morning;). Pavement is boring, but at least it is fast,

Great job! If more people had your attitude, we'd all be a lot better off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome another commuter! Im jellous you get to ride some trails on the way to work.

Though I dont commute on the bike everyday to work I like to get in at least two days a week on the bike (4 miles each way the short route, you can always make it longer :) )

Plus its always funny to see people reactions when I ride my Rush up the escalator. Last week the VP of my Fortune 500 company is at the top of the escalator and ask me why I am riding my bike in the office. I look him straight in the face and said "I cant afford gas." He gave me a puzzled look then knodded. Who knows maybe I will get a raise to buy more bike stuff. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been driving the car into work monday morning and not starting it back up til Friday evening...bike is such a more fluid method of getting from A to B

That is quite the microscope....what do you do for a living?

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Flood99 said:
That is quite the microscope....what do you do for a living?
It's just one of many in my lab... I play as a materials scientist doing failure analysis on the microelectronics of implantable medical devices. I say I "play" because by schooling I'm just a geologist who spent a good deal of time doing high-pressure mineral physics. Life is all about ebb and flow. For now, I'm loving what I do figuring out why things don't work.. I've been at it for 8 years now so maybe this will stick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.