Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
Does it have to be a boutique vintage artsy photo collection, or can we just slap a picture of our bike on here? :lol:

Speaking of which, I've always wanted to take some epic black and white studio style photography of a beat up old walmart bike.

...That being said, I am obviously jealous of your bike collection and your camera. I have 4 bikes that aren't worth very much and this is the one I ride to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Speaking of which, I've always wanted to take some epic black and white studio style photography of a beat up old walmart bike.
Not quite as artsy as what you're talking about, but a few years ago I did a quick photoshoot of my department store schwinn after it survived its first winter:

I'd try an ultra-pretentious photoshoot if I still had the bike.

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
:lol:

Here's one of my own favorite shots of my high performance machine :cool:

Attachments

·
Bedwards Of The West
5,451 Posts
^^ Your pictures really are good man, no offense meant. This thread turned out cool though :lol:

rodar - absolutely. The B&W is just the ticket.

·
~ B A D A S S ~
3,236 Posts
I think my digicam has a max aperature of like f9, so no depth of field play.
it may have a max aperteture of that when zoomed out in tele but you can probably go much lower in wide angle, like f 2.8, 3.9 or 4.1 or something, need to keep an eye on the different angles/change of perspective then, but still. play with the manual modes and iso, never let the camera deciede this for you since it will gladly deciede both iso and f based on the available light. compact cameras (non slr) are pretty much useless over 2-400 iso anyway regarding noise since the have such small sensors and hence smaller lenses (diameter) and that results in the sensor getting hit with exponentially fewer photons and that inevitbly results in the gain of the sensor being cranked up to max, maximizing noise. :D

sorry for the off topic :)

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Mmmm, Schwinn :)

Are all of those your own pics, Brian? I recognize your wheel trellis and remember that you have a cool of Sugino crank on something, but can`t say for sure if the one here is the same as what you posted before.

EDIT:
@Carbone. Remember that DOF increases with shorter focal length, so zooming out gives little isolating effect even with the wider ap.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
rodar y rodar;9973614 said:
Are all of those your own pics, Brian? I recognize your wheel trellis and remember that you have a cool of Sugino crank on something, but can`t say for sure if the one here is the same as what you posted before.
Three different cell phone cameras photos and the Drift camera's view= in the video.

1, Taken with the Sanyo which had a Macro setting. Not posted before. It is the Duchess with the teardrop end of the seat stay cut to allow the 10 speed Centaur cluster get chain clearance. Since then, cables were rerouted and the powder coating, new cables shifters, lights, and brass fenders. It is a neat shot of the Campy dropout's ''window' and the teardrop ending on the chain stay.

2, Taken with my old flip open Sanyo in lower resolution. Posted before but not this Siena version. '70's Campy pedals on modified 70's Sugino crank. Good parts and good servicing equals long life.

3. Love of gardening and bicycle fusion. This picture not posted. Year 1 was. This is year 3 and a much better growth on the Mexican Wedding Vine. Not shown is the use of old stainless cables in the back that were left over after converting to brifters, Crossed over they stabilize the trellis in the wind. SKS fender hardware worked to Clamp the cables.

4. Drift Innovations Stealth HD camera in 760 25 fps mode, + 2 exposure. Shows 45 degree out angle (day mode) home made headlights. Beams are so narrow and considerate that in the day they can't be seen from the side, My solution seems to work.

BrianMc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts