Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe not the right place to post but I would like lefty's comments. I did not see any other posts on this product and a lefty fork.

What do you think of the Forksup adaptor that "Secure, affordable way to easily transport your bike equipped with the single leg Cannondale® Lefty fork."

"Fits all fork-mounted racks including Thule, Yakima, Rocky Mounts, etc." Made in the USA :)

http://www.hurricanecomponents.com/forkupmain.html

I have a Yakima BOA and I am curious if anyone has any experience with this solution on this rack or any rack?

thanks
--jim

Also if you live in the Connecticut area checkout this post.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=196742

·
Registered
43 Posts
I looked into this product so I could use my existing thule rack w/my lefty, but didn't want to mess w/removing & installing the wheel every time I transported the bike. It should be torqued to a specific setting when installed, and I didn't want to bring a torque wrench to the trailhead.

In the end I wound up getting one of the Sportrack racks, which is now owned by Thule, that doesn't require you to take off any wheel. It just clamps over the front tire. Quick and easy.

I even bough the pickup bed version for my truck and it works very well also!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the fork up so that I could tag along with friends that have fork mounted racks. It works like a breeze, I use it probably 1-2x per month when going to races etc. and have never had a problem with using it. The hub does state to torque it to 15nm, so I keep a torque wrench in my toolbox but other than that it's no big deal. Taking the wheel off gives me a chance to throw a little grease on the spindle for the bearings and clean out the gunk while I'm at it too :)

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
I use one regularly, for holding Leftys to my workbench for rebuilds. (Attached to the standard bolt down QR fork mount, mounted there for regular forks) They hold very well, and I would have no concerns putting one up on my roof. As to concerns about dis, and remounting the wheel, it takes less than a minute, really, honestly, and torque is not a concern. Just nice and snug with a multi tool 5mm allen, and you're fine. This in a non concern, cause if the wheel were GOING to fall off, it would be extremely obvious, as it would have to rip your rotor off the hub, in order to come free. Dig the product, rock one if you want to =:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback bdpeter, NS2000X, keetowah and MendonCycleSmith. I am going to give it a try. Really couldn't replace my rack at this time. I don't mind taking the wheel off, in fact I've always preferred roof racks w/fork mounts. Looks like this product should work well for me. Plus made in the USA.:)

I also email Hurricane Components Sales:

"Thanks for your feedback and questions. I don’t think it would present a problem as long as the Yakima rack has the standard 9mm x 100mm quick release. I will visit the Yakima website to be sure but with Yakima (great rack by the way) they have so many ways to configure this product it’s really hard to know exactly how yours is configured. If you buy our product from us directly or any reputable bike shop they should be willing to take it back if it doesn’t work.

Let me know if we can be of service to you, and if you don’t hear from me it’s all good.

Ron
Hurricane Components Sales"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.