Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Commencal has pushed the Clash 24 release to June on their ordering website. Anyone have any info on this? I'm interested but I'll be needing the bike for the summer.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Same boat, though no pre-order in yet for reasons that I won't get into here. Tempting to just buy a Rokkusuta 24 and call it a day, but the Clash looks worth waiting for.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Clay at Commencal said early June was their expectation now. I think it'll be worth the wait. Dan I like that Rokussuta but unlike the 20", it almost seems like it's a 26" frame with 24" wheels and a good BB height.

If only they could do that but use a mix of the Flow adjustable front and back along with Rocky's ride9 stuff (to adjust BB height). That would be the ultimate grow bike. Nevertheless, I'll have to just wait the extra week or two (hopefully).

·
Registered
779 Posts
Rokkusuta 24 is definitely a good bike, make no mistake. Chainstays and wheelbase are quite a bit longer than the Clash though, and the Clash has a much steeper seat tube. After picking up a used 2018 GG Shred Dogg over the winter I'm sold on steep STAs. The GG is so much more planted on steep climbs than my Reign ever was. I also want/need to run a Machete JUNIT 24, and the A2C is significantly shorter than the stock Rokkusuta fork. There's also that "other" reason.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clay got back to me, too -- early June. I'll hold out since the spawn seems long for the pedally stuff we'll do locally. The clash will do service as a park and "enduro" bike (climb to downhill).

Any word on what they'll weigh?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Yeah Dan, the shipping gutted me too. Damn I could book a one way flight for the bike for that cost and just put it together myself. It's cheaper than the Rokkusutta tho and has better gearing and suspension for sure so it's hard to complain.

Heet, the stock weight is 28.6lbs. The wheels and tires are pretty heavy. We'll only be using those for lift days or big shuttles/races.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
$130 for shipping definitely stung.
Good lord, that's downright theft. I thought they had free shipping? My Transition 29er was only $80.00 shipped to Denver from Bellingham WA.

FYI in the future (If they let you) get box size and weight and do www.bikeflights.com to print yourself a label to send to them and have UPS pick it up. My buddy just turned me on to www.bikeflights.com. I just shipped a used 29er to Maine for $62.30 with bike flights. It was a HUGE box too, a 62cm Giant road bike box.

·
Registered
779 Posts
heavy but around what I expected. I might build up a lighter wheelset with a gx cassette... What're you guys in the know doing for 24" wheelsets?
Duroc JUNIT wheels with a XX1 cassette I got for a song.

Commencal has X1 and X01 cassettes pretty heavily discounted in their clearance section as well.

Good lord, that's downright theft. I thought they had free shipping? My Transition 29er was only $80.00 shipped to Denver from Bellingham WA.

FYI in the future (If they let you) get box size and weight and do www.bikeflights.com to print yourself a label to send to them and have UPS pick it up. My buddy just turned me on to www.bikeflights.com. I just shipped a used 29er to Maine for $62.30 with bike flights. It was a HUGE box too, a 62cm Giant road bike box.
Yeah, knowing BikeFlights pricing I was shocked. Could ask I guess.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Duroc JUNIT wheels with a XX1 cassette I got for a song.

Commencal has X1 and X01 cassettes pretty heavily discounted in their clearance section as well.
Can I ask where you got the Duroc wheelset? They are pricey on the hayes website.

The Commencal site now lists late June.... Bummer.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sounds like the June 24th date on the site is pretty firm. Wish it was sooner, but it least we can stop wondering. I was also told that pre-orders are going to be air shipped, which I guess explains the rate. Would have been nice to have ground as an option. I'm not that far from Golden and I've waited this long already....

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Updated pics, video and description on their site now. No more photoshopped stuff. Looks good! I like the integrated fender too (no zipties). Fox and sychros have one like that but it doesn't cover the stanchions, which is terrible. This seems to.

Love that new ultra thin protaper bar setup on there too. Wish is wasnt ugly yellow branding tho. Need to cover that up with something or hit it with some paint/sticker.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looking good! We have that integrated fender on his 20" and it's great. The thin Protaper bars are great, too.

I hope they have the wrong crankset installed in the pics. The previous pics and everything else I could find indicated that the 1000-series cranks used a 94 BCD spider, so I bought a 30t AB oval ring in 94 BCD. I'll be pissed if they're direct-mount.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Looking good! We have that integrated fender on his 20" and it's great. The thin Protaper bars are great, too.

I hope they have the wrong crankset installed in the pics. The previous pics and everything else I could find indicated that the 1000-series cranks used a 94 BCD spider, so I bought a 30t AB oval ring in 94 BCD. I'll be pissed if they're direct-mount.
Yeah the cranks spec indicates a t1000 Eagle crank. Hard to say. But I'm guessing those pics are pretty accurate.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Updated pics, video and description on their site now. No more photoshopped stuff. Looks good! I like the integrated fender too (no zipties). Fox and sychros have one like that but it doesn't cover the stanchions, which is terrible. This seems to.

Love that new ultra thin protaper bar setup on there too. Wish is wasnt ugly yellow branding tho. Need to cover that up with something or hit it with some paint/sticker.
Looks great. And is that a port for internal dropper routing?

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.