Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
perhaps the dumbest question i have asked in a while, but are folks free-balling (sorry ladies, not sure what the analogous term is for you) when wearing chamois-based cycling shorts, or not. In one of this month's mountain bike mags it notes that one should not wear underwearas the chamois can really only do its job effectively when against the skin directly.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
FoShizzle said:
perhaps the dumbest question i have asked in a while, but are folks free-balling (sorry ladies, not sure what the analogous term is for you) when wearing chamois-based cycling shorts, or not. In one of this month's mountain bike mags it notes that one should not wear underwearas the chamois can really only do its job effectively when against the skin directly.
Freeballin' and proud :thumbsup: Seriously, the mag is correct, cycling shorts are meant to be worn without anything between you and the chamois. Try it you'll l;ike it :)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max99 said:
Freeballin' and proud :thumbsup: Seriously, the mag is correct, cycling shorts are meant to be worn without anything between you and the chamois. Try it you'll l;ike it :)
thanks max....i feel so stupid (more than usual anyway).....

but i feel so liberated already :)

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Yeah, absolutely no underwear. Most all underwear is cotton which adds to the chaffing problem when it gets and stays damp. Now, during winter it's OK to use wicking fiber long underwear under your shorts as they wick, unlike cotton underwear, and since it's cold, you don't get the level of hot, steamy conditions in the nether regions to cause problems.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
FoS, am awe struck, so thought you would be a free baller.............................. The liberating feeling is, well, lost for words............................ Yeah ha....:D :D

Really, no one was wearing daks under there cycling shorts? if so. am real concerned...........:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I can't believe the great FoShizzle seriously asked this question :skep: and I sure hope you haven't been wearing undies with your chamois :nono: I just can't imagine how uncomfortable that would be and the "chaffing" you'd experience.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Last weekend I was rockin' the underwear under my baggies!!!!
:eek:

The baggies had a removable liner and I was just too lazy to go back to the car to get 'em to put 'em on after getting my lift ticket. I figured since I only had a limited amount of time to ride, I'd be OK. WRONG!!! Man was my ass missing the chamois!!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
this is a great thread...me and my buddies all ride free-balling...me and bros' don't ride with anybody who doesn't...

great post, i've still cracking up

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Nuthin' worse then sweaty bunched up underwear...it just aint right:incazzato:

I was reluctant to go commando at first just like you but after one free ballin' ride, I'd never go back!

·
Play all day
126 Posts
I used to wear tightie-whities under my baggies for years, and then a couple years ago I read that I shouldn't. What a difference! I've been liberated. Now I save at least .05 ounces worth of weight and maybe more with sweaty undies!! :thumbsup:

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
No underwear but I wouldnt say my balls are free, that chamois keeps em pretty immobile

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.