Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fit a Specialized Command Post to my Trek Remedy, which took a little bit of work itself. The Trek takes a 31.6mm diameter seat post.

I wasn't happy with the remote for activating the seatpost. I converted an X-9 front shifter to work in this application. I filed off the stops which hold the shifter in position, the ratchet action no longer ratchets. I only have a single front chainring on this bike.

The compression-less shift housing is a little more responsive than the brake housing supplied with the Command Post. I also used the housing stops for the front deraileur. The cable routing is pretty clean, my bike is still dirty.

 

·
NedwannaB
Joined
·
12,784 Posts
Nice gagetry!

the.vault said:
I fit a Specialized Command Post to my Trek Remedy, which took a little bit of work itself. The Trek takes a 31.6mm diameter seat post.
Look forward to seeing it in action up in the park.
 

·
err, 27.5+
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
Nice mod. Please add it to the Specialized Command Post thread (the ultimate CP thread).

How is the throw on the shifter lever?

I have mine rigged up with a Joplin remote and do notice that I have to pull more cable to actuate the CP than I did on the Joplin, so I have more throw at the lever. Not a big deal and I do prefer the joplin to stock CP lever and proprietary cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AL29er said:
How is the throw on the shifter lever?

I have mine rigged up with a Joplin remote and do notice that I have to pull more cable to actuate the CP than I did on the Joplin, so I have more throw at the lever. Not a big deal and I do prefer the joplin to stock CP lever and proprietary cable.
The shift lever ratio, is pretty close to the command post remote. The two pivot distances are very comparable. The way I have it set-up now, it is equal in throw to moving across 1.5 chainrings, if that makes sense.

The specialized remote does have a stop integrated into its design. It would protect the seatpost from pulling too much cable. This quick mod does not have that feature.
 

·
I Have Cookies
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
what did you have to modify to work the frame or the post?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ae111black said:
what did you have to modify to work the frame or the post?
The command post only comes in 30.9mm, which fits Specialized bikes just fine. No one was making a shim/adaptor to go from 30.9 to 31.6mm, which is the size of seatpost on my Trek.

I made my own shim adaptor. Most the shim stock I was finding was already tempered. So I had to be pretty smart about how I formed a flange, to keep the shim adapter from falling into the seattube, and rolled the shim stock into shape.

I started out with some .013in shim stock, and formed it with 1in diamter roller. My post was still slipping a little, so I made a newer shim out of .015in shim stock. That size worked better, as far as stopping my seatpost from slipping.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top