Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searchs but cant find anything. The remote to my command post broke and i need a new one. I tried contacting specialized through their site but they have not responded to me. Has anyone gotten a new one and if so, where?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The remote to my command post broke and i need a new one.
Out of curiosity, how did you break the remote and where did it break? And is it the newer style with dots on the thumb lever or the one with a Specialized S on it?

I've been thinking about getting the Command Post Blacklite but was waiting to hear more regarding it's long term durability...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one of the original Command posts & it came with the flat curved remote lever. The pivot point on these loosen very quickly & the design is woefully under engineered. I replaced mine with a Crank Brothers Joplin remote which works far better. These have a joystick style release action which give you far more options for mounting & release angles. I have seen the Joplin remotes on US Ebay for less than US$50 delivered. This is a link to a current listing: Crank Brothers Joplin Remote Upgrade Kit | eBay. As a bonus you can use a standard gear cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Altezza2k2 - I had the exact same problem with my command post. I used it for about a month, and the terrible design of the remote for the post on Specialized's end, caused it to snap right off! I was shocked when it happened. So I immediately went to Specialized's website to seek support as to where to find a replacement. ( Bike stores around me apparently " never saw that kind of a seat post" -_-. another reason why I work on my own bike.) And Specialized still has not responded to me! I will sure remember this next time I buy anything from them. Makes me mad I spent 2 grand on a stumpy from them( Which I love) and another 250$ for a command post that broke after a month of use and they cannot respond to me, even on twitter. * Shaking my head *

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.