Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have a buddy who is potentially going to ride the San Juan trail with me Saturday.

I have Friday afternoon and Sunday all day to ride. What trails do I want to hit?

If there are some close to each other, even better. I don't mind driving a bit. My ass is coming from Michigan where besides some fat bike rides I've been chained to the trainer so my fitness is average at best.

Any suggestions or offers to trail guide or point me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks - GG

I think I'm going to bring my bike with me, was going to rent at the Path, but shipping the bike will run me $150 and renting for 3 days will cost me $65 per.

I can ship it back fed-ex ground which won't be too bad.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
What type of riding do you like? We have so many different types of riding it's staggering. San Juan is great. I would recommend Big Bear area too, perhaps SART. If you like to climb, Orange County has a ton of great riding. I would hit some high elevation stuff like SART, Wrightwood, but that's what I enjoy riding. YMMV.

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll put my 28T chainring up front on the XX1 drivetrain.

Honestly, I'll ride pretty much anything, won't do much jumping or gaps as I'll be riding solo etc. But techy, good downhills, etc.. all good.

I can suffer up the climbs. I can always turn the pedals.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd recommend hitting Whiting/Luge, Aliso/Laguna Canyon Woods Park (LCWP) on Friday since it will be close to Irvine and you only have the afternoon. Maybe Sunday you can venture out a bit farther away from Irvine.

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all,

Really dumb question as I suppose I could check sunset, but what time is it getting dark out there right now?

·
Banned
4,816 Posts
Thanks all,

Really dumb question as I suppose I could check sunset, but what time is it getting dark out there right now?
About the same time in Irvine as in San Diego, I'd guess. We tend to turn our helmet and bar lights on around 7pm or so.....but it's getting about a minute later every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts