Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm going to be in the PacNorWet for work this week. I will be busy monday and tuesday, then wednesday I have to drive from Seattle down to portland, do about an hours worth of work, then have the rest of the day. I'd love to find a place to rent a bike and do a ride, somewhere between Portland and Seattle. Any ideas?

I here that there is some awsome riding near Mt Saint Helens.

·
Registered
81 Posts
St. Helens, the gorge area, post canyon....that's what I hear about. Never been to them, so I couldn't tell you any specifics.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If you're on the West side of portland, Brown's camp will be fairly close (< 1 hr). If you're on the East side the Hood River (Gorge) trails are about 1-1.5 hours away.

The riding at St. Helens is awesome, but its a full day to drive out there ride and drive back. I think its 1.5-2 hours to the TH.

Not sure where you can rent a bike. Maybe REI?

·
Cannonball!
530 Posts
Fat Tire Farm rents bikes in Portland. Never ridden Browns Camp, but it is probably the closest to Portland. You could try Three Corner Rock or Tarbell in Washington, they are a little over an hour from Portland. The better rides are definitely in the Gorge or St Helens, but that seems like it could be quite a bit more of a logistical challenge.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like renting a bike adds a bit of logistical difficulty, how about good 3-4 hour hikes?

Thanks for the info BTW, I am still deciding what I want to do. I brought my riding garb as well as my hiking boots, I'm thinking hiking will be easier to pull off.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Forest Park

You could always ride in Forest Park. It's not singletrack, but its dirt and its just up the hill from the Fat Tire Farm. You could even hook up with local club PUMP for their Wednesday night ride. www.pumpclub.org

·
Registered
216 Posts
There are rentals at Fat Tire Farm, Trail Head Cycles (in Hillsboro, if you're headed out to ride Gales Creek or Brown's Camp), or Discovery Cycles (In Hood River, if you're going to ride there).

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Gorge Trail #400

I have heard Gorge Trail #400 is close enough to town to ride after work. However, I have never ridden it and can't tell you if its worth it or not. Its east of portland, off of 84, near cascade lockes I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.