Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I am going to Oregon from the 11th to the 17th with my parents and brother. I think we will spend 3 or 4 days in mount hood, one day in bend and one in crater lake. What are the best trail, must do rides, etc in those areas. I like all mountain trails, meaning 3-6 ft drops, small jumps ok, rocky is good, technical is good, low northshores are good, and climbing is neccesary (all my rides have to be loops). areas that are close to family things (hiking, fishing, sightseeing, etc.) are also desired, for everyone else. 1-2 hour rides are great, so the fam doesnt have to waste a lot of time there, with the exception of the skibowl, where we will be there all day. Group rides and tours are good too. Maps are very helpful as well.

Pretty much give me the whole she-bang on the best rides in the gorge, the skibowl, the rest of mt hood, bend, and crater lake.

Thank You,
Mike

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
For Bend, if you arrive before 8/15 (the official opening of the Flagline Trail), I would recommend parking at the Skyliner Trailhead, bike west to the Tumalo Creek Trail, take this to the South Fork Trail, up South Fork to the Swampy Lakes shelter, then over to Swede Ridge shelter via the newer Swede Ridge Loop Trail. Take a nice, deserved break at Swede Ridge shelter and enjoy the views. Then noodle through Sector 16, get onto Upper Whoops, take flight down Upper Whoops to Road 310, and then take Skyliner back to your car.

Sound confusing? I'm sure it does, but any bike shop in town will have the AdventureMap. Be sure to pick up one of those.

For Mount Hood, I like Surveyor's Ridge best (with or without Dog River), followed by the Knebal Springs - Eight Mile figure eight. High Prairie is also nice. Loads of fun.

Sorry, I have no suggestions for Crater Lake, but it sure is gorgeous!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts