Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am coming up to Charlotte this weekend to pick up a car I bought on Ebay. I have to sign papers at 10 AM, and then possibly have 2 hours before I hit the road again. I cant leave my bike behind!!! Since I am heading north from the sandy flatlands I have to ride on, I must ride elsewhere in the country. Just looking for some somewhat technical XC riding that isnt mostly flat and/or sandy. And also something that is well marked and easy to find since I am going solo.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a series of short track races at Rennesaince Park right outside of downtown Charlotte starting at 10:00am and running until about 2:30pm. Another great trail in the Charlotte area is the trail at the United States National Whitewater Center, also located right outside of downtown Charlotte. Check out www.tarheeltrailblazers.com for more great trails and directions to the trailheads.

Have Fun!!!!!!!!

·
Southern Fried mUni
1,126 Posts
I'm afraid most of the Charlotte trails will be a sloppy mess on Saturday if all this precip comes in Thursday like they say it's going to (1/2 inch to an inch). Between the rain/snow and our sub-freezing temps this week causing freeze/thaws the trails will not be dry. There are a few trails in the area that dry/drain quick unfortunatly for you most of those are outside of Charlotte and out of the way from HWY 77. If your down for getting sloppy though I'd take the time to hit the US Whitewater Center (aka Catawba).....that is if they open the trail by then as they do close it during wet trail conditions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found another trail on the way...

Yea I looked up weather channel and saw that it would be nasty.
You guys might know something about Chicopee (sp?) in Georgia??

It's on the way up (just slight deviation from the main road in -correct me if I am wrong)

Perhaps that area was spared from the moisture. I can't drive North and not take my bike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
If it's dry, Chicopee is fun. It's not too far off your path. From Atl, go up 85 to 985. It's a few miles (not many) off of 985. You may be able to find some roads to cut back over to 85 to continue up to Charlotte. My parents live in Atlanta, my grandmother lives in Gainesville, and I live in Charlotte, so Chicopee is a nice place to ride when I'm visiting the family. A good ride, and convenient. Worth a slight out-of-the-way trip.

It closes when wet, so check the Sorba Gainesville website for trail status.

http://gainesvillesorba.org/wordpress/
The trail status is scrolling along the top of the page.

Chicopee has some fun sections, and plenty of climbing. Be sure to ride Zig Zag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.