Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ima coming to alaska next wednesday. it's a family vacation, 2 week cruise thing, a week of land stuff and the second week of a cruise.

i'd really really like to ride. bringing my bike is not an option but bringing my fav pedals and shoes is, just in case, I could rent something and ride somewhere.

any ideas where to go or even rent from somewhere. Here's where, I'l be...

Fairbanks
Denali wilderness lodge
Talkeetna
Anchorage
Whittier
Skagway
Juneau

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.
dirty bert

·
HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
923 Posts
Places to rent

Here's some local places in Anchorage to rent bikes:

Alaska Mountain Bike Source - 1-888-989-8844 or www.alaskamtnbike.com (the website sucks)

Downtown Bicycle Rental - (907) 279-5293 / www.alaska-bike-rentals.com

Sunshine Sports - (907) 272-6444

Not sure what kind of bikes they all rent or how decent they are, but there's tons of riding both road/bike path and mountain biking here...just post what you want and we'll help you find it.

Have fun!

·
ABC Rec Div / STA Trails
287 Posts
There is also that place at Cresent Lake

daveIT said:
Here's some local places in Anchorage to rent bikes:

Alaska Mountain Bike Source - 1-888-989-8844 or www.alaskamtnbike.com (the website sucks)

Downtown Bicycle Rental - (907) 279-5293 / www.alaska-bike-rentals.com

Sunshine Sports - (907) 272-6444

Not sure what kind of bikes they all rent or how decent they are, but there's tons of riding both road/bike path and mountain biking here...just post what you want and we'll help you find it.

Have fun!
I know there is also that place on the Kenai across from Crescent Lake Campground that I believe runs bike tours and rents Konas. I always forget to write down there name or stop in and find out there website. Anyone know?

I also think the bike shop in Seward that is in the old train car may rent Specialized bikes..but I am not 100% sure of that.

Christopher

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for all the information. I will be there on Wednesday. By the way, whats the weather like there? Should I not bring shorts or just jeans or something even warmer?

Thanks again!

dirty bert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.