Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions on which ski resorts are must ride situations. I'll also have my single speed with so if there is some must do XC stuff that would be great too. Right now I'm planing on hitting Telluride, Crested Butte, and Winter Park. I'm totaly open to other suggestions though. If there are any local DHers who want to hook up and show an AZ boy the local sickness that would be sweet too.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Ironbar said:
I'm looking for suggestions on which ski resorts are must ride situations. I'll also have my single speed with so if there is some must do XC stuff that would be great too. Right now I'm planing on hitting Telluride, Crested Butte, and Winter Park. I'm totaly open to other suggestions though. If there are any local DHers who want to hook up and show an AZ boy the local sickness that would be sweet too.
I would suggest skipping WP and hitting either Keystone or Vail. Keystone is my favorite CO resort for DH with Vail a close second (assuming they still have old #9 open). I have never ridden at WP because I have read more than enough opinions that there is nothing technical enough to warrent riding a big bike (unless they have made changes for the 05 season). When in June are you coming through? I think Keystone opens the last weekend in June and I'm not sure about Vail.

Check and make sure that Crusty Butt has DH riding. In years past, they haven't offered lift-serviced stuff, but that might have changed with the new ownership.

Since you're coming from the south, I'll throw out Angelfire NM as a suggestion for the drive home. Angelfire's DH course is an order of magnitude more technical than anything (lift serviced) that I've ridden in Colorado.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kristian said:
Since you're coming from the south, I'll throw out Angelfire NM as a suggestion for the drive home. Angelfire's DH course is an order of magnitude more technical than anything (lift serviced) that I've ridden in Colorado.
I'm actually coming into CO by way of Angel fire. I'll definitly check out keystone, Thanks for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.