Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we want to ride Graftong and Goose on Saturday, and then Hurricane Rim, Jem/Goulds on Sunday. By this coming weekend, how will the trails be looking?

·
I'd rather be biking...
937 Posts
Trails over in in STG will be good to go. It was warm and windy today so they are going to be primo. Not sure about Hurricane trails though. I know goose/grafton still have snow on them as i'm typing this. I think the snow level is still on upper jem/goulds. I would imagine it will be all melted by the weekend.
Of course STT will chime in soon with an update.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You Rang.......

It snowed well below 4000 feet and where it did not snow it rained a pretty good amount. The ground was still saturated.

Goose and Little Creek are blanketed in a good snowfall and will not be ready for this upcoming weekend

Prospector/Church Rocks - Yes
Upper Prospector (Harrisburg to Cottonwood) - NO
Icehouse - NO......going to be a week
Goulds/JEM/Hurricane Rim - NO......going to be 7-10 days PLEASE STAY OFF THESE TRAILS
Gooseberry - NO......a week at least
Little Creek - NO.... takes longer than Gooseberry to dry.....

OP....You should make plans to ride on the West side of I-15 and down low.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Barrels!

mfshop said:
Rode HU rim trail today @ 2pm. Couple moist spots, but mostly tacky goodness. YMMV.

Riding Zen and/or Paradise tomorrow if anyone's interested...
Come hit the Barrels with us, the notorious Team Sanchez, at 7 in the morning, great way to start the day :thumbsup: If you don't want to join us when it's cold and dark, I understand;)

Ben, why don't you just call me or T for updates man, where's the camaderie these days:p

Rode the ### tonight with my wifey to get some exercise, the trail was great, and I even bumped into one of our local pros and RBR finalist, Logan Binggeli; he is a RIPPER!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
mfshop said:
Rode HU rim trail today @ 2pm. Couple moist spots, but mostly tacky goodness. YMMV.

Riding Zen and/or Paradise tomorrow if anyone's interested...
Did you do an out and back from the lowere parking lot? I went a mile on the JEM and turned around... it was muddy and we would have left 3 to 4 inch tracks....not cool. Upper JEM and Upper Goulds were muddy messes before this last rain/snow.

When the upper Goulds and upper JEM get tacky instead of muddy we need to get an army out there and try to mash down the cow hoove craters. No respect for trails those cows!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
wasea04 said:
Come hit the Barrels with us, the notorious Team Sanchez, at 7 in the morning, great way to start the day :thumbsup: If you don't want to join us when it's cold and dark, I understand;)

Ben, why don't you just call me or T for updates man, where's the camaderie these days:p

Rode the ### tonight with my wifey to get some exercise, the trail was great, and I even bumped into one of our local pros and RBR finalist, Logan Binggeli; he is a RIPPER!!
Whoa.... that 7am stuff is for summer or people who work!

Going to do Zen ths afternoon..thank you for the updates.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry A, I wanted info from several sources, instead of asingle biased rider. Some are too conservative and others not conservative enough. Sanchez reunion ride will be Saturday morning. I'll have Twiggs send out the info later this week. Can't wait to ride!

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Thanks STT

STT GUY said:
Grafton could be a go... if the access road is not to bad. I'd like to give that a go this weekend. I;ll check it out Thursday and post up!
Thanks for all the helpful info, you're a great resource to SW Utah. Biased El C? I'm not that biased, sure I want to keep our trails nice, but anyway our trails, STG's, are all stellar....only place that I would be wary of is the GV loop and Stucki. Stoked to ride with you Ben, it's been a long time:thumbsup:

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wasea04 said:
Thanks for all the helpful info, you're a great resource to SW Utah. Biased El C? I'm not that biased, sure I want to keep our trails nice, but anyway our trails, STG's, are all stellar....only place that I would be wary of is the GV loop and Stucki. Stoked to ride with you Ben, it's been a long time:thumbsup:
We're all biased one way or another. The best way to get decent trail conditions info is from a variety of sources. I'll be arriving on Friday at noon. Call me if you can ride Friday.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Over The Edge Sports, Hurricane UT Just got a call from a truck stuck in the mud on the Gooseberry road so I guess we need to give it a few more days. Hurricane Rim, Church Rocks/Prospector, Zen, Race Course Loops are all ready to go. Barrel Roll should be ready by tomorrow. Stay away from the mesas, but we will keep our eyes on Gooseberry and let you know when it's ready to go.

This is from OTE's facebook page. I want to ride Grafton/Goose, but not at such high a high cost. STG has plenty to offer though; ###, Barrels, Zen, and for mileage you can hit all the variants of Prospector.

Dude, you're sig is making me sick. I'll call you later today, I'm down hit something close to town, ### maybe? :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was driving through St George yesterday (Thurs) and thought I might be able to sneak in a ride on the Mesa before pushing on to Moab especially after reading some of the posts of improving conditions. I saw some rain clouds on the horizon but couldn't tell if they were going to affect me since I have never biked in the area.

I did find the road to the Mesa after dark and made it about a quarter mile before being stopped by the slimiest mud I have ever encountered. The road was definitely not good to go! It took me 30 minutes, several tumbleweeds, 4 wheel high, front air locker, and a bit of elbow grease to just back up 10 feet on the road to drier ground! I had even stopped well before any visable standing water! Next option- find a cow to attach the winch to...

No wonder someone got stuck- that soil, when wet, is crazy! Gooseberry will have to wait for another, drier day I guess. Wish I had arrived a bit earlier to stop in at OTE for updated conditions.

PS- Amasa Back was dry and fantastic this afternoon!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Lactic said:
I was driving through St George yesterday (Thurs) and thought I might be able to sneak in a ride on the Mesa before pushing on to Moab especially after reading some of the posts of improving conditions. I saw some rain clouds on the horizon but couldn't tell if they were going to affect me since I have never biked in the area.

I did find the road to the Mesa after dark and made it about a quarter mile before being stopped by the slimiest mud I have ever encountered. The road was definitely not good to go! It took me 30 minutes, several tumbleweeds, 4 wheel high, front air locker, and a bit of elbow grease to just back up 10 feet on the road to drier ground! I had even stopped well before any visable standing water! Next option- find a cow to attach the winch to...

No wonder someone got stuck- that soil, when wet, is crazy! Gooseberry will have to wait for another, drier day I guess. Wish I had arrived a bit earlier to stop in at OTE for updated conditions.

PS- Amasa Back was dry and fantastic this afternoon!!
Yep.... sounds about right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.