Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello........rider from Raleigh, North Cakalak here.......my wife and I will be in Vegas tomorrow Sat 5-7 thru Sat 5-14 to visit my mother in law and live it up..........lookin to ride perhaps Mon ,Tues, Wed next week.......I think the wife will come out to ride with me one of those days......but not positive yet....she's a beginner somewhat and from what I hear I might need to check out Blue Diamond since there is a little bit of everything there?.........I ride a Kona Coiler out here on our rooty ,twisty singletrack, ya know some good miles with some good jumps drops and what nots along the way.............Sorry for the long post but really want to know from ya'll where 's the place to ride for me, where's the place to ride with my wife, best shop for rentals, best views, etc..........anything you guys can tell me will be great.....really lookin forward to it.......and wouldn't mind even hookin up with some of ya for a ride if we can work it out..........whew....sorry for the mouthful and THANX

Ross

·
:\ ping of death
1,092 Posts
Well theres Blue Diamond, Cowboy Trails and CottonWood on the west side of town. Then you have the infamous Bootleg Canyon on the east side of town, actually in Boulder City by Lake Mead. Alot of the regulars here ride Bootleg alot, Ive only seen it so they can tell you more. The west side is a great mix of smooth singletrack, techy sections and severe uphill. It all depends what you want to ride.

I plan on riding the Cowboy Trails on Sunday and I might be meeting up with another forum-goer (cobby) so youre welcome to join us. I know a bunch of the other guys are planning an early Saturday morning ride at Bootleg. Perhaps you can ride both over the weekend and still have room for a buffet or two :cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phoeneous said:
Well theres Blue Diamond, Cowboy Trails and CottonWood on the west side of town. Then you have the infamous Bootleg Canyon on the east side of town, actually in Boulder City by Lake Mead. Alot of the regulars here ride Bootleg alot, Ive only seen it so they can tell you more. The west side is a great mix of smooth singletrack, techy sections and severe uphill. It all depends what you want to ride.

I plan on riding the Cowboy Trails on Sunday and I might be meeting up with another forum-goer (cobby) so youre welcome to join us. I know a bunch of the other guys are planning an early Saturday morning ride at Bootleg. Perhaps you can ride both over the weekend and still have room for a buffet or two :cool:
Cool thanks......phoeneous......after a little more online research I think I'll be headin over to Bootleg Canyon.....looks like a blast.......thanks for the invite on Sun I'll have to see how our schedule works out....I'll be checkin the boards thru the week if any more locals wanna clue me in on Bootleg......THX

·
2,093 Posts
I will be at bootleg

bross77 said:
Cool thanks......phoeneous......after a little more online research I think I'll be headin over to Bootleg Canyon.....looks like a blast.......thanks for the invite on Sun I'll have to see how our schedule works out....I'll be checkin the boards thru the week if any more locals wanna clue me in on Bootleg......THX
Sat morning at 6. Probably around 8ish on sunday. Then i do a short ride tuesday after work. start by 7 PM. I can show you the way or point you in the right direction if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.