Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This invitation goes out to almost everyone in Washington...

The legendary Disciples of Dirt invite y'all to our Vth Annual All Comer's Meat regional fun ride on January 24, 2009.

Here's a link to MTBR's Orygun Forum where you'll find all the dope: Dope right here.

Worth the drive, you betcha. C'mon down & have some fun in the mud wit yo' southern bruthas & sistuz. Yer welcome.

--Davey Sprockett, King of the Wild Front Tire
2009 Disciples of Dirt Exhausted Rooster

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update 1/11/09

Sunny and mid-50's here today. A couple dozen Disciples of Dirt got together today and added another ~1/3 mile of singletrack to the Whypass network. May not sound like much, but 1/3 of a mile of singletrack... through the rainforest... yeah.

A feature in the new section is ~50' of corduroy. About 120 logs... awesome. C'mon down and see what I'm talkin' about.

We've been makin' it good for you.

--Sparty

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
All depends on weather this time of year. Good snow means mountain biking can wait for me. I do plan on heading that way this spring/summer though as an alternative to the usual Bend trip. Oakridge, "Trail X", McKenzie, the usual I-5 fare.

Hope you can get some takers though. The invite also goes this way for riding in WA as well. (For some reason you rarely see reports of our southern brethren doing any ricing north of the border unless it's St. Helens.)

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Several of us never miss Red-haze's Harmonic Convergence @ Longview (or almost never miss, anyway). In fact, to give credit where credit is due, the Disciples' annual All Comer's Meat is a copycat event.

Thanks for your good wishes. There will be plenty of folks there. Participation has grown every year; last January ~85 riders showed up. Post-ride bonfire, chili dogs, draft beer... it's always a good time.

Hope you can find a way out of the floods to join us, whether for ACM-V or another time. You're always welcome; give a holla.

--Sparty

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Always good to know. Will be spamming the OR forum this spring for ride suggestions concerning those areas.

Not sure I'd call Longview WA epic by any means (no offense intended to the event planner, etc as I've heard it's fun too.) but moreso thinking our high mountain stuff.

I keep getting requests to lead the usual Bend trip in early June but not sure if they'll have me back... ;) Thinking of doing the Blue Mountains as something different. The OR wet side would probably be later in the summer or whenever you all think would be best. I'm thinking the first week in September perhaps?

Yeah, water came down real fast but the roads are still a mess. Can't imagine what some of the trail systems look like after the heavy snow with rain on it.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay then

Living where you do, you already know how sweet the PNW is in September. I wish September lasted 1/3 of the year. No, make that 2/3 of the year.

Good luck with trail damage up there. You guys got slammed whereas so far we've had a pretty mild winter in Oregon. So close and yet so far. It ain't fair. But I ain't complainin'.

So yeah, come to Oregon in September. Here are a couple links to give you a taste of the goods. First link is to a BOB trip that SeenYour Crash and I did in the Elkhorns last August. I've done lots of mountain bike tours pullin' a BOB; this one was off the freakin' chart.

Elkhorn Mtns

Second link is to a favorite annual late season ride of the Disciples of Dirt. It's called the Sawtooth Struggle and it's a real beaut. In one day we bag the peaks of Cowhorn and Sawtooth Mountains near the Diamond Peak Wilderness. The day before the Struggle we ride to Suzanne Lake for a high lake dip. Only one way in & out -- miles and miles of sweet singletrack. It's good to know you're alive, eh.

Sawtooth Struggle 2008

For the Struggle, we camp at Timpanogas Lake which is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Willamette River. The Middle Fork Trail starts at Timp Lake and heads downstream ~38 miles toward Oakridge. Oakridge sits at hub of ~350 miles of the sweetest singletrack in the state. You could spend 2 weeks in Oakridge and ride the best stuff in the world every day without covering the same ground twice. No kidding.

Personally, I ain't movin'.

C'mon down. Lemme know when you'll be here. The Disciples of Dirt will show y'all around.

--Sparty

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I hear ya.

Got a BOB and may be able to talk Monte and a few others into something like that and also ping Chris on his point on that trip. ;)

Also got some good intel from Jolly Beggar when we went down the coast last summer to Jed Smith where I did a little riding. The small area just south of Florence was real nice both CW and CCW too. So, I'll definately take you all up on that. Umpqua will be a must too.

Too bad I need to fit a long weekend Hood River trip in as well...

Should feel more like summer down there real soon with this high settling in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.