Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
come thirsty, bring a friend (Kranked 7 movie)

just a reminder that this is the week (Wednesday the 9th, 7pm, to be exact) of the CO premiere of the new Kranked 7 feature film... preceded by the short, Fixie Dave; speaking of the latter, rumor has it that the man, the myth, the legend himself will even make an (unscheduled) appearance.

tickets available now at Golden Bike Shop, or online at http://getkranked.blogspot.com (don't get turned away at the door). ;)

due to popular demand, we'll carry over the racks from GBS so that folks who want to ride to the event have a place to park (just don't get carried away, post-Kranked, on the ride home thinking "i could do that" and try to huck your cruiser down the stairs at the American Mountaineering Center).

we'll have a couple of kegs of ale on hand- Golden City Red and Clear Creek Pale (sorry, the IPA isn't available in kegs). beer proceeds go to the IMBA Trailbuilding Fund to be used locally. :thumbsup:

spread the word.
:rockon:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you say "designated driver"?

Full Trucker said:
What if I show up REALLY thirsty?
...that just means more trailbuilding money, right?! so really you'd be doing us all a favor.
:cool:

(we thank you in advance for the sacrifices you're willing to make on our behalf)

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
Looks like a couple from the south might be headed north for this.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nickle said:
Looks like a couple from the south might be headed north for this.
lock up the women folk and hide the booze!

(don't bring the bikes... there's no good riding in jeffco).
;)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
go dave go

scar said:
Anybody know if Dave is still going to make an appearance? His blog says he tangled with a chainsaw yesterday. Somebody may need to "shuttle" him to the movie!

this just in:

"I'm in frasier right now.... I sould be well over rollins and in golden before 8 trying to get down so I can catch some golden city before the show...
Dave
Sent from my iPod"

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rontele said:
...heckle gotdirt
...that happens enough when i ride. :winker:

FYI, online ticket sales will close this afternoon about 1pm or so; get 'em now or take your chances at the door.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
andychrysler said:
Likely-hood of tix at the door? Will be trying to go with my wife.
there will definitely be tix at the door, the question is, for how long?
always hard to tell w/ these events, but i suspect it will be a sold out show... and unlike the boulder theater which seats ~800, the AMC only seats 350.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scar said:
Looking for a little clarification - are beer sales proceeds going to trail building or trail "paving"?
:lol:

. . .

:skep:

note: beer proceeds are going to the IMBA TrailBuilding Fund, not a JCOS trail maintenance fund. :nono:

:)

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Alright, bought my tix on the intarnets for me and the ladyfriend, and we'r gonna ride prior to the showing. Anyone else riding a little trail beforehand? Where ya thinking? My OG (Original Gangsta) thought was a nice little jaunt up the gut of Apex and down through Enchanted Forest, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone else is riding. I was also thinking about checking out the Cone, since I've never ridden it. I have heard it's a little on the... bland side though!

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
You'll need to crash at my place. Don't want a DUI ya know!
Although I cannot WAIT to sample some of this GCB ya'll keep talking about, I'll most likely keep it under control. I have muchos packing for Snowmass to do tonight, and plus I always save the heavy drinking for my road rides!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.