Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for my RX to show up! It's on a box, in a truck and will be here in a couple of days but I want it here NOW!!! :cryin:

:lol:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
CranxOC said:
I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for my RX to show up! It's on a box, in a truck and will be here in a couple of days but I want it here NOW!!! :cryin:

:lol:
I can relate, man!

I have a ton of bike stuff coming my way but dang Mexican Customs are THREE WEEKS behind schedule... :bluefrown:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I remember the good 'ol days when we waited 6-8 weeks for the frame to leave Arizona. It could always be worse.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Asahi said:
I remember the good 'ol days when we waited 6-8 weeks for the frame to leave Arizona. It could always be worse.
It still is if you order a Ti or Exo, they don't start a welding till they get a order for one....only difference is they don't need to make a custom jig vs their standard one......Trust me, waiting is a bear........that's why you need a spare bike.;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The second bike isn't the problem - I have access to a ton of bikes - it's just the waiting and wanting to throw a leg over my new ride that's making me want to do a pee-pee dance over here! :D

Besides, I have my first race of the season on Saturday and I would love to have the RX for that. I can always race the ML but I'm just ready for the other bad boy to come on in!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just picked up my Crank Brothers Cobalt SL cranks, Ti BB and Candy Ti pedals along with a Thomson Masterpiece seat post so now the Jones is even worse! I'll post some pics of the CB stuff; absolute works of art!

·
Registered
631 Posts
CranxOC said:
I just picked up my Crank Brothers Cobalt SL cranks, Ti BB and Candy Ti pedals along with a Thomson Masterpiece seat post so now the Jones is even worse! I'll post some pics of the CB stuff; absolute works of art!
Sounds like nice pieces... I've only seen photos, but from what I can tell they look beautiful. Any concerns about the ISIS type BB? There seems to be a lot of debate about it.

thanks,
simp

·
Registered
280 Posts
So, what's the scoop on the CB cranks? I know Truvativ makes the rings, is the arm itself supposedly stiffer than normal or is this more bling? Don't get me wrong, I love a good pointless purchase for Bling! They look dead sexy.

We'll have to hook up for a ride sometime Cranx.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Ps3

dulyebr said:
Where did you buy it?

I'm waiting for Amazon.com to avoid tax!
bestbuy.com ...... 60G yo!

:rolleyes: amazon is still price gouging:rolleyes: , I paid list. no bundle! :thumbsup: the key is knowing the delivery dates. I hear the 15th is a good day to look for them. just cruse the bestbuy or frys.com web sites on the 15th, in the morning and afternoon.

·
Veni Vidi Vici
995 Posts
CranxOC said:
Thomson Masterpiece is Hawt:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
barelylegal said:
Thomson Masterpiece is Hawt:thumbsup:
You should see how they make them. I'll try to take a pick or a movie clip at the factory tour this weekend.

BA, you should come over to Macon GA for the Thomson appreciation day, you are close enough.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I too would be keen to hear thoughts on the CB Cranks, have not seen any real reviews out there... Oh yes go the Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost, mine has lasted and lasted, I love it....

Now about waiting, my Nicolai is still not done, its been over 5 months !!!!!!! Also have an Ellsworth Ride Cruiser coming, that is way late also.... Have got used to it now, they are never on time frame people...... So am at the airport in Korea. Get home to a new car and still no new bikes, but dam am I amping to get out on the ML.... Yeah f ing ha

Cranx, post some pics od\f these bits of bling parts, get us drooling with ya....

Must say, the graphics ont he PS3's are the ducks nuts, awesome....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
mcgrath said:
So, what's the scoop on the CB cranks? I know Truvativ makes the rings, is the arm itself supposedly stiffer than normal or is this more bling? Don't get me wrong, I love a good pointless purchase for Bling! They look dead sexy.

We'll have to hook up for a ride sometime Cranx.
From what I understand they're supposed to be stiffer than the XTR cranks and, at 50g lighter, it's hard to think of a reason NOT to try them. Yes, they have a level of bling that's pretty much unattainable by any other manufacturer but, then again, CB goes out of their way to engineer their products to not only be some of the best products on the market but also to create some of the best looking parts as well. For this project they even hired one of Apple's key designers to help them give the crank arms a unique look.

As for the ISIS BB, I'm not really concerned. CB is providing a 5 year warranty on the BB which means they're standing behind the product. If I start to have problems I'll just drop by the factory (about a 10 minute drive) and get a new one.

As for the pics, I'll post those in another thread...they deserve their own attention! :D

P.S. McGrath, if you want to get together for a ride, shoot me a PM some time on GeoLadders and we'll get a ride in. Any chance you feel like doing the Coldwater Superloop Deathmarch? :devil: http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=178

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.