Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

is there a way to combine a lasal singletack drop into porc rim? i'm not really interested in just a fireroad descent, but i have heard there is a way to combine these into a LONG descent? also, what are the best long singletrack/technical descents in teh lasals?
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a way...

There is a ride called the burro downhill that will let you descend from burro pass at 10,500ft to the river down porc rim. I have not riden it in awhile because there are now closures on it. The first section(from burro to Warner Lake) is open but under snow until summer. The middle section (hazard county to the UPS) is under closure. The final section is the porc rim trail and is open. hopefully access issues can be worked out to open up this great ride again. Almost all is singletrack.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What about the Kokopellis section

I've ridden Kokopelli's from where it Ts into La Sal Mtn Loop. Where is UPS from there? BTW, what is the UPS? Any closures on Kokopelli's?

Thanks,
Lavaman

·
Registered
41 Posts
Upper Porcupine System

UPS is the Upper Porcupine System. It is a singletrack along the rim that hooks up with the usual pOrcupine Rim trail at the point where Porc Trail first hits the rim. The singletrack starts down Kokopelli trail from the La Sal Loop Road. The start of the singletrack is in the meadow with the old airstrip. Not sure of current Closure Status.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Just did Porc Rim Thursday. LPS is open and we got the shuttle to the cattle guard. They would not take it up to UPS via the La Sal road and Kokopelli(snow).
But, we did have 3 in our group that did an out and back on UPS and called it open.(No snow on the trail. Although they got hailed on and and had to seek shelter.)

Was told at Rim yesterday that the Fisher Mesa Singletrack still had snow on it though.
Bummer... But, what an awesome shop. They treated everyone in our group very, very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.