Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
I am sure many of you are aware that NICA's high school mountain bike leagues are taking off; in fact, we will have nearly 45 teams next season. Maybe you have seen some of us out on the trails.

I am a teacher and one of the coaches for Columbine's team, and on Tuesday, April 15th at 6:30/7:00 in Columbine's auditorium, we are holding a fundraising screening of the documentary film Singletrack High. It is a film available only to NICA teams, so you likely won't see it elsewhere, and it showcases five riders from the California league where it all started (five very different riders--showing how the league reaches out to everyone), as they train and race and discuss why they got involved with biking.

Tickets are $8 in advance (send me a PM and I will put you on the list) and $10 at the door. There is a silent auction beginning at 6:30, and the film will begin about 7ish. Items in the silent auction include three new Camelbacks (a mule, hawg, and luxe), Colorado League and Columbine jerseys, a foursome of golf, personal training, local restaurant giftcards, and more. The opening bids on the Camelbacks (likely paired with a jersey) will be $50-60, so if you're looking for a new pack, here's a chance to maybe pick one up cheap.

100% of ticket sales and auction proceeds goes to the team as we are raising funds to purchase jackets for next season (we hit serious weather at two of four races).

The number one comment we hear each year is, "I wish we had this when I was in school." For most of us, we didn't. But here's a chance to learn a bit more about the local league and teams and support the next generation of mt. bikers. I hope you can find time to join us!

(P.S. we coaches are completely volunteers--no funds end up in our pockets).

Jason Webb
Columbine High School

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/\Bump/\

Hope some of you can make it out to see what high school mt. biking is all about.

Cheers

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,423 Posts
This is pretty cool... considering all 3 of my boys will likely attend Columbine. I may be able to make this.

Edit - spreading the word via social media.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome--ask for Jason or Matt (we will likely be the ones on the mic) and let us put a name to a face.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts