Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY WE WIN THE BIG ONE:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Congrats to Peyton....

.....But that has to be the worst-played Superbowl I've ever seen.... And I saw my first in 1977.

Zion Rasta said:
FINALLY WE WIN THE BIG ONE:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree

gkler said:
Congrats..................

Not to rain on your parade but I thought that Addai or Rhodes should have been the MVP.
Actually anyone in the defense should have won the MVP. The gme was sloppy, but who cares. After that 2min drill against the Pats, I would even take a free superbowl ring;) .

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
um...the superbowl was tonight? :confused:
and i've been wearing the 'what not to wear' marathon on TLC :rolleyes:...whe're i've learned that most of my outfits are a fashion 'don't' :eek:...apparently 'tomboy' is out this season!

·
Huh?
848 Posts
jncarpenter said:
...lame super bowl!!!!! But, just glad peton won one & I can finally quit hearing about him! What a loser! :)
On the contrary, we'll probably see even more of him now. As if he didn't do enough commercials already. Oh well baseball will be here soon enough, then again so will better biking weather ...I hope.

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Yeah, congrats to Reign man himself!!! Though it was too sloppy, if i may say so... Worst game. Yes, better days are coming for mtbiking, next season...:eek:ut: & 35 days to go 'til DST.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
gkler said:
Not to rain on your parade but I thought that Addai or Rhodes should have been the MVP.
Absolutely. I even threw out the "Co-MVP" idea a good five minutes before the commentators, not that my wife was very impressed. :mad: Peyton played an adequate game (except for his astonishing wing and a prayer TD throw to Wayne to pull them back into it), but I guess when you put it in perspective of how he has typically played in big games this really was an MVP-caliber performance. :lol:

If anything, Grossman was the QB with the most influence on the outcome of the game. :p

·
Bodhisattva
10,845 Posts
It was great watching a SuperBowl played in monsoon-like conditions.
:thumbsup:

Sure it was sloppy, but it was still far more entertaining than Pittsburgh's win last year which has to rank amongst the worst games ever.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
I use to work with this transplanted Texas chick. She was a diehard cowboys fan. Every monday, after sunday's game, she would talk about the game; "If only WE had done so and so...", so I would say to her; " What's with this we sh*t? I watched the game, and I didn't see you out there for a single play". It use to bug the crap out of her.
I have a perverted passion for torturing people who place the balance of their emotional well-being on the performance of sports teams. Like bronco fans.

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,120 Posts
I have to agree with the others. Ugly game, but pretty fun to watch (at least the first half). At least the better team won this time, unlike last year where the better team didn't. What's the deal with upper mediocre teams making it to the Superbowl for the last couple of years? I really hope the NFL finds a way to get the best teams in the Superbowl. The Broncos should have been there last year and the Chargers should have been there this year. They should just give a bye all the way to the Superbowl to the best regular season teams. You know, kind of like the BCS. ;)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wewewewewewewewewewe

Renegade said:
What's with the WE won schtick? I didn't see you out there playing. How long have you been on the colts roster?
Trust me, when your pay $2,000 for season tickets it is a WE.....

Ah, not counting the $3,000 spent in hot dogs and beer.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Zion Rasta said:
Trust me, when your pay $2,000 for season tickets it is a WE.....

Ah, not counting the $3,000 spent in hot dogs and beer.
Hmmmm, I don't quite get it.I mean, I spent $$,$$$.$$ on my subaru, but I don't consider my self a stockholder in the company......:D

·
Registered
445 Posts
ok

Congrats on the win! (and coming from a pats fan it's hard to say:D ) We all knew the real superbowl was 2 weeks ago in indy. I think Dungy took it easy on the bears as to not run up the score on his friend lovie..they played very conservative all night and should have won that game by 30!

What's the over/under on the colts/pats thursday season opener now?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Renegade said:
Hmmmm, I don't quite get it.I mean, I spent $$,$$$.$$ on my subaru, but I don't consider my self a stockholder in the company......:D
Tough to explain i guess! I can't speak for indy, but being a boston sports fan means investing a lot emotoinally. I try to explain it to my wife's family (from virginia and not into sports) but they don't and can't understand. I don't think my wife understands, but she supports me:thumbsup: I am speaking only from my perspective, but growing up with the pats/sox it becomes part of you...so when they sox won in 04 and the pats in 01 (first time is different) it really is WE...and i would aquate the WE as the team and it's hardcore fanbase! Even now, not living back home....someone will see my sox/pats hat and ask me where i'm from, or mention something about a team quickly in passing..........hard to explain the bond i guess!

just my $.02

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.