Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All ,

You might remember a few months back i posted pictures from my last MTB to USA back in September 2010

I've just uploaded a pretty comprehensive report for my Last MTB Trip to Colorado , Utah and Arizona to my website, theres a shed load of pictures, videos and maps from my trip

Heres a link to the site http://www.mtb-hol.com

Heres a couple of pictures from my site

Trail 401 -Crested Butte
Tire Wheel Nature Bicycle frame Mountainous landforms

Kokopelli Trails - Fruita
Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sky Bicycle frame Bicycle helmet Helmet

Hazzard County - Moab
Nature Vegetation Natural landscape Natural environment Landscape

Thunder Mtn - Utah
Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Mountainous landforms

Sedona - Arizona
Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Nature Bicycle wheel

I'm heading out stateside again this April with my wife this time , flying into Las Vegas on the 22nd April and then 3 weeks of riding some of my favorite trails.

If our plans overlap anyone elses plans drop me a line - its always good to ride with other MTBR's :)

Date Stay at Activity
April Sat 23 Las Vegas Cotton Wood Canyon / Cowboy trails
April Sun 24 Las Vegas Bootleg Canyon
April Mon 25 Phoenix Drive to Phoenix ride at Monolith Valley on the way
April Tue 26 Phoenix Ride Pima & Dynamite
April Wed 27 Phoenix Hawes / Pass Mtn
April Thu 28 Sedona High Line etc
April Fri 29 Sedona Hangover etc
April Sat 30 Sedona Eriie trail etc
May Sun 1 Flagstaff Mt - Elden Trails
May Mon 2 Flagstaff Hike to bottom of GC and back via N.Kaibab & Bright angel tr
May Tue 3 Cortez Ride High desert trai (Gallup) on the way to Cortez
May Wed 4 Cortez Ride Sand Canyon
May Thu 5 Moab Drive to Moab from Cortez and then ride a Moab Trail
May Fri 6 Grand Jct Drive from Moab and then ride Lunch Loops , Ribbon etc
May Sat 7 Grand Jct Ride the Edge Loop
May Sun 8 Grand Jct Ride the Kokopelli trails or Zion Curtain
May Mon 9 St George Drive to St george stopping off to ride Thunder Mtn on the way
May Tue 10 St George Hike at Zion NP
May Wed 11 St George Little Creek Mesa Ride
May Thu 12 St George various trails
Mat Fri 13 Las Vegas Drive to Vegas from St Gerge & Fly home

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Looks like a great trip indeed!

"April Sat 23 Las Vegas - Cotton Wood Canyon
April Sun 24 Las Vegas - Bootleg Canyon / Cowboy trails"

The Cowboy Trails are just down the road from Cottonwood/Blue Diamond whereas Bootleg Canyon is across town from the Cowboy Trails. I'd look at switching that up, enjoy! :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Registered
273 Posts
Love the Ride Report on your website! Great pics and detail! I'm planning a mountain biking and motorcycle dualsport trip this summer to Colorado and Utah - your trips gives me some ideas! Thanks for sharing.

How did you keep from getting totally worn to a frazzle with all that riding? Impressive.

·
wannabee
1,134 Posts
WOW. That is an awesome post. I'm sure it will take me a week or two to get through everything on your website. I really enjoyed the thread a couple months ago. Thanks so much for this contribution. Visit the site folks.:cool: :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup: :D :D :D

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,224 Posts
:thumbsup: Wow! That's the way to do a trip to the USA, in my book. A new ride every single day - perfect! I have had the opportunity to do Sedona and Gooseberry Mesa, and absolutely loved them, but have yet to ride anywhere in CO. You put together a great site. I will have to peruse it when I feel like dreaming about my next holiday!

·
High Desert MTBer
5,468 Posts
Wot no Tucson??!?! As a fellow Brit and Tucson resident, I strongly suggest a trip down to S AZ! Great trails!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Makes me look forward to becoming an empty nester! I really want to ride Gooseberry Mesa, although we haven't made it further west than Moab...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mm9 said:
Love the Ride Report on your website! Great pics and detail! I'm planning a mountain biking and motorcycle dualsport trip this summer to Colorado and Utah - your trips gives me some ideas! Thanks for sharing.

How did you keep from getting totally worn to a frazzle with all that riding? Impressive.
IThe key to not getting frazzled is stopping to take lots of photos along the way, plus camalbak elixer with added caffine in my water keeps me going on the trail

It also helps that i'm overweight so I have plenty of lard my body can burn off along the way :p

Plus when you have spent so much money on the flight and travelled so far you've got to ride as much as possible to get the best value for money out of the trip.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rockerc said:
Wot no Tucson??!?! As a fellow Brit and Tucson resident, I strongly suggest a trip down to S AZ! Great trails!
What would you suggest as being must do singletrack trails down your way ? - that are not too gnarly as I will have my wife with me on this trip - and I'd like to keep the hike a bike to a minimum for her..

·
Brit on a trip
453 Posts
Nice - been waiting for the full report!

Looks like a nice trip for the spring too - lots of my favourites in there. I will be over a bit too early to hook up this year - basing my visit around seeing friends in San Diego and the Arizona Spring Fling in March

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sounds like a dream set of trails, but might I suggest substituting your April Tue 26 Phoenix - Pima & Dynamite for something in the McDowell Mountain Preserve. It is in pretty much the same area.

It isn't right for me to post ill feelings of a trail I've never ridden, but I have never heard of anybody really having a good time there. Somebody may back me up on this, but it is pretty sandy and flat. McDowell Mountains have some pretty big hills that are hoot. Not gnarly, but it has a tad bit of chunk.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts