Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ride the Colorado Trail - Swan River and connect it with Keystone. I see you can take West Ridge Loop in that direction, but does it actually put you on the ski resort? I looked at Keystone's website and it doesn't look like Keystone Gulch Road will connects with the rest of the resort trails. I want to start the Colorado Trail, go over to Keystone, do a loop there, and finish up on the colorado trail. Is that possible? If so, could someone give me directions?

Thanks.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
geneseo said:
I want to ride the Colorado Trail - Swan River and connect it with Keystone. I see you can take West Ridge Loop in that direction, but does it actually put you on the ski resort? I looked at Keystone's website and it doesn't look like Keystone Gulch Road will connects with the rest of the resort trails. I want to start the Colorado Trail, go over to Keystone, do a loop there, and finish up on the colorado trail. Is that possible? If so, could someone give me directions?

Thanks.
You can connect it with Keystone, but the trail connects way in by the base of the resort. Right at the bottom end of Keystone Gulch Road, you can head east on a little singletrack (Granny's?) that will take you about 95% of the way to the resort. Once there, you're at the bottom, so everything on the mountain is a climb.

To go back to the CO trail, you can go back the way you came (long climb, jeep road). Other way is to go back on Granny's to Keystone Gulch Rd. There's a singletrack on the other side (as if Granny's keeps on going). That will take you up by Keystone Ranch (?). Follow the singetrack up (Southerly direction) and you'll eventually come to an old ranch, a yurt, and some other buildings. The CO trail to the Breck trailer park goes Westerly out of that compound. Check the trail listings. The trail that goes from Granny's up to that old ranch is called Aquaduct. It's on the resort maps. There's singletrack that heads Southerly from there. You'll kind of ride backyard-ish thru some pretty posh digs before you get to the ranch. Sorry my directions are so poor. If you find a good map, it should make pretty good sense. The free maps at Keystone resort are topo on one side.

email me [email protected]. If you want, I can draw up a topo map and email it to you as a bitmap. Going out of town tomorrow, so it'll be next week before I can do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.