Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestion for a nice 3-4 hour ride in the Springs. i rode something many years ago that included Bear Creek and it was a really nice ride... what else??
thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
billybobzia said:
any suggestion for a nice 3-4 hour ride in the Springs. i rode something many years ago that included Bear Creek and it was a really nice ride... what else??
thanks
Depends on how aggro you want to get, and how much ground you can cover.

Option 1: For a cool XC spin, park at Stratton Open Space or Starsmore Discovery Center then ride a big loop up Columbine, up Buckhorn, down Bear Creek, up Palmer, down Section 16, up lower Gold Camp to the top of the Chutes, and then down to the car. Skip either the Buckhorn/Bear, or Palmer/Sec16 bit if you want to shorten it a little.

Option 2: Go ride that trail I PM'd you directions for, and do the extra credit at the bottom before you head up the hill.

Option 3: Get lost in Palmer Park for a few hours.

If you want detailed directions on the big loop, let me know.

Oh, and Loudpawlz, I've been wanting to do the Jones Downhill. Any good suggestions for something to loop it up with?

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scabby Elbowz said:
Depends on how aggro you want to get, and how much ground you can cover.

Option 1: For a cool XC spin, park at Stratton Open Space or Starsmore Discovery Center then ride a big loop up Columbine, up Buckhorn, down Bear Creek, up Palmer, down Section 16, up lower Gold Camp to the top of the Chutes, and then down to the car. Skip either the Buckhorn/Bear, or Palmer/Sec16 bit if you want to shorten it a little.

Option 2: Go ride that trail I PM'd you directions for, and do the extra credit at the bottom before you head up the hill.

Option 3: Get lost in Palmer Park for a few hours.

If you want detailed directions on the big loop, let me know.

Oh, and Loudpawlz, I've been wanting to do the Jones Downhill. Any good suggestions for something to loop it up with?
would love detailed directions of the big loop....try to head out weekly for one big ride and tuesday is looking like the day....an approximate time and mileage would be helpful if you know....me and my riding partner cover ground at a reasonably good pace. thanks!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
billybobzia said:
would love detailed directions of the big loop....try to head out weekly for one big ride and tuesday is looking like the day....an approximate time and mileage would be helpful if you know....me and my riding partner cover ground at a reasonably good pace. thanks!!
The Big Loop...

This is going to be way too long for a post. :D Check your e-mail.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
I usually ride from town

so it's one big loop for me. I go up Chutes to Gold Camp to Old Stage. If you know where the camp ground is (about 2 miles before you get to Rosemount res) you can climb that road to a section of singletrack that drops you on to FR 379 above the resevoir. A bit more climbing and you are at the trail head. Since the trail drops you out onto Bear Creek or Buckhorn & Capt. Jacks you can add more on to the ride if you are a glutton.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Loudpawlz said:
so it's one big loop for me. I go up Chutes to Gold Camp to Old Stage. If you know where the camp ground is (about 2 miles before you get to Rosemount res) you can climb that road to a section of singletrack that drops you on to FR 379 above the resevoir. A bit more climbing and you are at the trail head. Since the trail drops you out onto Bear Creek or Buckhorn & Capt. Jacks you can add more on to the ride if you are a glutton.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts